Playstation Vue and NFL Sports

TBuck07

Underwater Basket Weaver
Established Member
I started my free trial of PS Vue yesterday, and so far I'm pretty impressed. The guide is a little different to get used to, but I like it.

If you haven't seen my other thread, I'm pretty fed up with DirecTV and their costs. I'll soon be paying $110 a month with my contract expiring, and they can't give me any discounts for a few months. PS Vue is $35 a month, no contract, has all my channels, EXCEPT...

I know that NFL Sunday Ticket is exclusive to DTV. The only drawback I can see from this is watching NFL Games..However, most of my team's games on broadcast locally (Channel 3, 17, 55, etc..). How will I be able to watch these games? I do have the CBS App for Apple, so I think I can stream my games from that?
I know I can get an OTA Antenna..But is the quality that decent? I'd hate to watch my games in crap quality..
I see NBC Sports is part of the package, as well as Fox Sports Midwest..I'm assuming these channels for PS Vue will stream the NFL Games? I know that NFL Red Zone and NFL Network are coming soon, so that's options for Thurs games...ESPN covers Monday night games.
What about Sunday night games?

I need to test to see if both of my PS4's can stream at the same time..I was able to stream from one PS4, and two mobile devices while at home last night. Pretty sweet!

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I did the Vue trial. But I have surround sound in every room of my house that has a TV except for the kids rooms, and the Vue network only outputs to stereo. With that, I cancelled.

If you have an HD antenna and can get the stations you want, then you will be in fine shape. The local HD broadcasts sometimes have a better picture than what I get through a dish service.

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
I've been considering getting the Vue for awhile. Haven't done the trial yet but just to be sure, you have to have an additional device (PS3,PS4) in each room to watch TV, right?

Right now I have an antenna (Mohu Leaf) in one room and so far it's great. 1080HD channels and all

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Can you subscribe through the NFL app on PS4? I had the NBA league pass through the NBA app on PS4, had access to all the live games (that weren't on national TV) and could replay any game.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I did the Vue trial. But I have surround sound in every room of my house that has a TV except for the kids rooms, and the Vue network only outputs to stereo. With that, I cancelled.
Thats the only big downside for me as well. Luckily I don’t care about everyday TV in SRS only movies and sports which I have a dedicated server for movies only that output in 5.1 or higher and have other ways around for sports in SRS via PC.

OP as far as using two PS4’s streaming, you can’t. You can only stream one PS4 and/or PS3 per account at the same time.

I set my whole house with Roku’s and it work's flawlessly. You can download MLB and NBA apps on Roku which you can subscribe to and still come out way under vs Cable/DTV.

Far as Sunday ticket, I believe you can download it on Xbox and PS3/4 (Roku & iOS/Android as well!) but only IF you cannot get DTV in that area. There was a time you were able to purchase it but that hasn’t been the case lately unless they changed it again.

Last edited:

bglf83

Established Member
Antenna HD will look better than direct TV on its best day.

Use TV fool to see what channels are available on what frequencies

limitedex

Love me some SVT
Established Member
Antennas offer amazing picture.

I have PlayStation Vue. It's great. I cut the cord last year with SlingTV. PSVue has much more to offer for a little more. ($20 vs $30)

I stream everything through rokus I have with each TV.

No problems whatsoever.

limitedex

Love me some SVT
Established Member
I've been considering getting the Vue for awhile. Haven't done the trial yet but just to be sure, you have to have an additional device (PS3,PS4) in each room to watch TV, right?

Right now I have an antenna (Mohu Leaf) in one room and so far it's great. 1080HD channels and all

Yes, Roku sticks (they plug directly into HDMI) are $50 each. Roku 3 which is a little faster is like $90. I got a Roku 3 for my main TV.

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
OTA antenna is almost always better quality than DTV, Dish or cable. There is much less compression in the feed. So as long as you can get a good signal you will not be disappointed in quality. I noticed this myself after I cut the cable off years ago. The games were much crisper. Same TV just switch to antenna.

Rct851

Established Member
when y'all say antenna, is it literally an antenna or is it a little digital box that can be hidden

limitedex

Love me some SVT
Established Member
when y'all say antenna, is it literally an antenna or is it a little digital box that can be hidden

I bought the (flat) Leaf antenna. SAMS had a bundle pack actually. They screw on the cable coax spot.

limitedex

Love me some SVT
Established Member
i just cancelled my directv and signed up for vue. I paid $234 last month for service. I had enough.

Dang dude! I thought my $144 from COX was a lot!!!

Internet and PSVUE puts me just under $100 now. Happy with that.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Not sure why but the picture on my 50" Panasonic 1080p TV sucked bad with Vue. It was like old school TV bad. I canceled after a month. Went with charter because here they offered me $60 for cable, $30 for 60mbps I net and $5 per TV for HD I think. My bill is like $116 for both per month for 36months locked with no contract. I wasn't planning on doing cable when I moved but the really bad picture on Vue and this charter deal sucked me back in. FWIW I was streaming Vue through a ps3 with internet that was 40mbps I think and it wasn't fast enough because I had trouble navigating on there. That was with century link but since I canclled w in 30 days there was no charge on that. Bottom line the picture sucked for me on Vue and I had trouble navigating likely due to slow I net on that part of it

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Oh and in between waiting for charter to come hook up my cable I bought a long range indoor antenna from Walmart for $40 I think and get all the main local stations in very clear HD. Comes in handy when women's sand volleyball is on

Users who are viewing this thread