Please critique my list before purchase from Scott!

Blk91stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Porter Cable 7424 - www.coastaltool.com - $99

The following purchased from Scott

Menzerna SIP

Menzerna Nano Polish

Clearkote Red Moose Machine Glaze

Poorboys EX-P Sealant

CCS Buffing Pad Starter Kit

1 Extra Orange CCS Pad

I will be using these products on silver, black, and im sure other colors as well. I put this list together from all the topics I have read and assumed this was the best stuff for any color. In total it comes out to $300 which isnt bad but I just wanted some insight before making the final purchase. This is my first real time with good equipment and have always waxed by hand, but it isnt cutting it anymore for getting out swirls.

I would have ordered the Klasse AIO too but don't want to order from more than 2 places for this stuff.

Thanks again and let me know how I did!!!!

This is my late christmas present from my father :beer:

Scott P

Established Member
You aren't ordering nearly enough. :)

That list looks pretty good actually. The Menzerna products will really make the finish look great The Red Moose Machine Glaze will add depth and clarity. I do think I am actually out of EX-P. I'll have to check some back stock. Opti-Seal would be a great choice as a substitute. It's quicker to use as a wipe on, walk away type sealant.

Klasse AIO is very nice, but I thik Poorboy's Polsh with Sealant or Optimium's Poli-Seal would be just as good for a cleaning product that also has a good measure of protection.

You'll also want to grab some microfiber towels if you don't have any quality ones yet. My Starter Pack is really quite the value and gives you a good selection of various towels.

Blk91stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the recommendations!

What are you thoughts on using your Clearkote Carnauba Moose Wax right over the glaze as a final coat? I know a sealer will help with durability but I don't want to go overboard and i'll be waxing more garage queens right now than not.

I will check my stock of microfiber towels, might be running a bit low!

BTW- Do you recommend using your microfiber wax pad or the foam CCS red wax applicator for applying the Clearkote Carnauba Moose Wax (assuming that is what I go with).

Last edited:

Scott P

Established Member
Carnauba Moose Wax is quite durable, so you should be fine with that. On silver though, I like the looks of a sealant better as it lets the metal flake "pop" more. I prefer foam pads for my waxes and sealants. A microfiber pad is great for one-step products.

Blk91stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Will be placing my order within the next 15 minutes. Thanks Scott!!

I'm gonna hold off on the sealer until I get some practice in with what I got on a few dark colored cars.

mixxer

Established Member
i would get 1 of these two to replace the KAIO --Poorboy's Polsh with Sealant or Optimium's Poli-Seal and i would loose the EXP get moose wax or nattys to top it!

Blk91stang

Established Member
Premium Member
i would get 1 of these two to replace the KAIO --Poorboy's Polsh with Sealant or Optimium's Poli-Seal and i would loose the EXP get moose wax or nattys to top it!

My order is already placed but I will defiantly keep a sealant in mind. I did substitute the EXP with Moose wax so i'm on the right track.

I will defiantly get some before and after pics as I am a newb to this and will need some constructive criticism! :D

Users who are viewing this thread