Please For The Love Of God And All That Is Holy I Need Help With My Accufab TB

ArcaneParadise

Established Member
Ok.

So here's the deal.

Bought a Whipple with the after market TB pleneum type.

Bought a Billetflo TB and put it on there.

I just had a bunch of problems with it and so I ended up getting an Accufab. It's hot of the shelf and is in perfect condition.

I installed the TB properly.

I took about 4 hours out of my day getting the TPS to read 0.980 (that's the highest I could get it. 0.99 was not gonna happen, lol). (Plus the instructions say that anywhere between 0.98 and 1.00 is fine.

And low and behold, I still have a throttle problem. It's funny though bc each time I seem to have a problem with TBs, it just changes to different problems, lol.

This time, when I put my foot on the peddle, I felt some resistance, like it's sticking. I put a bit more pressure on the peddle and it will kinda surge.

Imagine this (only way I can explain it). So there is a book on a table. You push the book a little bit with ur finger, but it does not move. You push a bit more and it moves finally, but kind of uneven movement.

That's how it is with the peddle. Idle is also a bit high at ~1K-~1.25K.

The instructions CLEARLY state. Do not mess with that idle stop screw. So now that I have the TPS at the optimum 0.98 and I am not supposed to mess with ANYTHING else on that TB, what am I to do?

Please help. Thank you.

(Not sure if it matters but I tested the TPS with my predator and it said 0.98 also.)

Holy lord please help me.

Last edited:

03dsgsnake

Established Member
idle

f--k what the instructions said:cuss: i had the same problem and then disconnected negative, put on headlights to fully drain baterry memory and then manually adjusted the set screw:rockon: its the only way to undo the vaccuum lock that the wider opening and amount of air coming throuigh to be corrected. Connect negative start up car and let idle for 5 minutes. Turn off for 2 Then start again and drive problem solved:bowdown:

MikeW

Established Member
Do a search but I think I have read that you turn it clockwise 3/4 turn. My buddy lloyyd on here had that issue and the set screw was the fix. PM him if you dont get an answer here.

You may have to adjust it a couple of times to get it right.

Good luck

AMB

Established Member
TB Voltage

You DON'T have to set the "TPS" voltage, on the 03/04 Cobra TB !!! It will CHECK/RESET everytime you START the car. Take the Throttle Cable off the TB, check for any binding, START the car, and again check for any binding at idle/low enging RPM's. If there is any binding, ADJUST the TB Idle Screw, for NO BINDING !!! It should take, ONLY about a quarter of a turn!!

AMB

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
ArcaneParadise said:
This time, when I put my foot on the peddle, I felt some resistance, like it's sticking. I put a bit more pressure on the peddle and it will kinda surge.

Imagine this (only way I can explain it). So there is a book on a table. You push the book a little bit with ur finger, but it does not move. You push a bit more and it moves finally, but kind of uneven movement.

That's how it is with the peddle. Idle is also a bit high at ~1K-~1.25K.

The instructions CLEARLY state. Do not mess with that idle stop screw. So now that I have the TPS at the optimum 0.98 and I am not supposed to mess with ANYTHING else on that TB, what am I to do?

Please help. Thank you.

It appears your Accufab TB may have an internal clearance problem. Unhook the linkage at the TB and try to open and close it by hand. You'll probably still feel the resistance when the TB is fully closed (at the idle position). If this is the case, give Accufab a call. They will probably have you send it back and send you a new TB.

(Fortunately, I've had no problems with mine, but I have heard of your problem on several occasions).

Hope this helps... :beer:

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
I almost have the problem with that one you sent me fixed, arcaneparadise. I basically had to do like that other guy said, to take off the neg cable, drain battery, start car up, and rev the car up and slowly let off- then set the set screw to barely touch the throttle lever. It still revvs to like 1k, but it doesnt stick so im decently happy. Ive got bigger clutch problems.

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
And another possibility....

The Accufab has a very strong return spring. After heavy throttle mine would stick and require quite a bit of preasure to 'un-stick' Made it very difficult to start up a hill, and I sounded like an ass at red lights.

Talked to my tuner about it. He said the last one he did had the same issue. By the time they got info back from Accufab and got the car into the shop it had stopped doing it.

So I waited. It now hardly does it at all (About 1,000 miles) Seems like they have a "break-in period":shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread