Please freakin help me!!

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
Ok I have an 03 Cobra with a Hellion Turbo kit. The shop I had do the work deleted the PCV system and now I have oil all over the engine from the breathers they had put on. Is there a way of putting the pcv system back on?

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Will do thank you man!

Woody, put a PCV valve back into the driver side valve cover. From there hook an oil seperator inline with that and connect it to the intake manifold. On the passenger side you can do the same. I use a SHM breather which works great for the passenger side. Its an enclosed seperator. It pops right into the valve cover and you run a line from that to the inlet tube of the turbo

Here is a pic of mine

DONE2.JPG

wojowojo16

Established Member
Woody, put a PCV valve back into the driver side valve cover. From there hook an oil seperator inline with that and connect it to the intake manifold. On the passenger side you can do the same. I use a SHM breather which works great for the passenger side. Its an enclosed seperator. It pops right into the valve cover and you run a line from that to the inlet tube of the turbo

Here is a pic of mine

DONE2.JPG

on the drivers side get a PCV from an old TURBO SHO Mustang, the mid 80's ones, under boost they shut off and won't leak boost into the crankcase from the manifold. Thats what LUND did when I had mine tuned and it works great.

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
Awesome info guys, thanks alot. I did a little work today and will get some pics up. Mind you I have not yet done what you have yet but at least I got the oil away from spilling all over my motor.

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
Here is some pics of what I have done. Please let me know what you think guys. Good or bad I have thick skin, I really just want this done right! Again thank you guys for all the help you have given me along this long road.

DSC02239.jpg

DSC02240.jpg

TRBO VNM

well, I can say that is a very nice and clean engine bay, but what did you do with the pcv system? I see you have fittings and braided line off both valve covers. where do they go and what do they go into?

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
Right now they go under the car to the two breathers that were put on my car. If I'm making a huge error please feel free to let me know guys, It really has no pcv system, only breathers and braided lines.

TRBO VNM

dude, so you are basically spraying oil on the ground? look, not to be an ass, but take it from someone who has gone into the wall at the track because of something like this from other racers neglect...fix that ASAP. you can cause you and others potential major harm or worse.

ok, in the stock setup, the driver side had a PCV in the cover, then went to the back of the blower/lower intake. the driver side valve cover just had a hose from it to the intake tube.

with the turbo kit, the instructions clearly state and provide the parts to connect both the driver and passenger covers and then go to the 4" intake tube that the MAF is connected to. in your pic above you have some black hose coming off the port on the 4" tube. where does this black hose go?

as stated by wojowojo above, get that pcv he mentioned. then run a hose from that to the passenger side cover with a vac. T fitting and then to the intake pipe. you can take it a step further and put a catch can in the system to help reduce/eliminate any oil getting into the intake tube. that is what I would do. there are other ways to do this, but that is how the hellion instructions call for it to be done.

you can also just take the driver cover from the pcv and go to a port on the upper intake if you have one there. if not, then you are stuck routing it the way I mentioned before. again, you can put catch can's inline to catch any of that oil that would normally come through those breathers you had there before.

does this make sense?

Woodys2000

Run 9's or STFU
Established Member
Awesome man, I thought the same thing as far as the dangers of doing it the way I have it done, however I didn't want oil all over my engine and had some stuff to change it in the garage already, so I went ahead and did something that would work for the time being. I will be fixing it like you said above.

Now for the stupid question who carries said pcv valve?

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Awesome man, I thought the same thing as far as the dangers of doing it the way I have it done, however I didn't want oil all over my engine and had some stuff to change it in the garage already, so I went ahead and did something that would work for the time being. I will be fixing it like you said above.

Now for the stupid question who carries said pcv valve?

Autozone or anywhere that carries motorcraft parts will have the PCV you need

wojowojo16

Established Member
when you buy the pcv, MAKE SURE you blow into the end of it and it seals off, if it doesn't you will pressurize your crankcase, blow oil out the other PCV and run extra rich becasue you will be "bleeding" off boost.

I'm running the drivers side through an SHO PCV into the intake, that way it draws a vacuum but does not blow / suck oil through my intercooler and everything else.

The drivers side through and oil separator and vented to atmosphere, no oil.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

wojo, I think you may have misunderstood me, I think.

by T'ing I am saying, like the hellion instructions call, connect driver and passenger to the T, the 3rd port goes to the 4" intake tube that has the small port on it.

I had mine different though. my driver valve cover I had going to the intake and the passenger side I just had going to the 4" pipe at the turbo. never had a problem and was using the SVO pcv.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread