Please Help! Anybody with 275 or 285 Pirelli PZero's!

svtcobra440

Established Member
Trying to decide what tire to buy for my rear 20x10 with a +40 offset (which is too aggressive for me, but I didn't know that until they arrived so I'm going to make them work!). I currently have a 295/35/20 which is a bit wide (just a hair bit of bulge), and is poking out of the fenders on each side about 3/8 of an inch. So I need a tire that is 3/4" smaller in order to loose 3/8" bulge and in turn, will flush things up. Problem is, my 295 has a section width of 11.6", and the overall width when I lay a level against the outside and the inside and measure is 11.75". When I do the same with my front 255/40/20 tires, (same make and model tire), my section width is supposed to be 10.04", but the overall measurement is actually 9.75" wide. So because the rears run a bit wider than 295, and the fronts run a bit narrower than 255, I am having a hard time anticipating how wide a 275 or 285 will really be. I need it to be at most, 11", and I would love it if somebody could measure their overall 285 or 275 PZero width and post it! I've been looking at photos for well over a week now, and just cant seem to make a decision.

I want the 285, but if I go to all the effort of buying 285's, unmounting and remounting and balancing to replace the 295's, and still have 1/8" of poke, I'm going to be pretty upset. Its a loss of time and money, plus the hassle of selling the tires that dont work and shipping them out! Some say, then buy 275 and play it safe, but if the 275 runs narrow like the 255 does, then its going to look stretched a little, and thats not very attractive. If somebody could do a measurement on their own that would help more than anything!

Thanks in advance!!

Users who are viewing this thread