please help..."bank 2 lean",but smells very rich

machtkampf

Established Member
any help would be greatly appreciated!! i have a 97 cobra. i have been fighting with my engine light since i bought the car a couple months ago. i have changed the idle air speed valve, the egr, pcv, plugs to bosch platnum +4, wires to ford motorsport, intake manifold runner control module, new upstream o2 sensors, mil eliminators for the downstream, new purge valve and sensor for the evaporative canister...i have eliminated all the fault codes except "bank 2 running lean" and occasionally "bank 1 lean". but the car smells very rich:shrug: some things of note on the mods are an 80mm maf, bassani high flow x,(which have been recently gutted...problem persists before and after) and underdrives. no the mass air isn't calibrated...but it still smells very, very rich... even before the gutted cats:shrug: sorry for the long question, but thank you very much for any help!!

machtkampf

Established Member
i found out it is a c&l. it doesn't have a sample tube, and i don't think it comes with one... i was thinking maybe i could bump up the size of the injector or adjust fuel pressure. do you think any of those may help? thx.

94CobraPace

Established Member
You need a MAF meter to be calibrated to the injectors to work correctly (which I sure you know :) ). Your best bet would be to get a stock MAF meter and see if this corrects the problem. Adjusting FP will not compensate for a maf meter that is calibrated for different size injectors. Unless you know what the maf meter is calibrated for you won't know what size injectors you will need.

Peter

Established Member
machtkampf- If it is a C&L it must have a sample tube to work.
I would put the stock meter back in- reset the computer by
disconnecting the battery ground for 10 minutes. I went through
the same codes when my car was N/A and I put on a C&L
meter, I think the meter is your problem.

Peter

machtkampf

Established Member
thanks for the replys... i found on c&l's website that they have different sample tubes for different injectors, i'll try calling them tomorrow to see if i can work something out that way or i'll find a stock one until i get blown!! thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread