Please Help I HATE my Antenna!!!!!

Cruzer

11 Second 2V
Established Member
Okay guys/gals like the tittle says, I hate my antenna. I am a radio person so, I need a antenna. So if you have one please post some pics up. Need some ideas. I have a few but still not sure yet. Thanks:beer:

EDIT: I do not want a antenna, nor a cut stock one or a shorty. I want a hidden antenna. I am going to fill the antenna in on the fender.

Last edited:

ttk53

Established Member
was thinking last night about shaving mine and running a wire up the pillar under the plastic.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Metra amplified glass mount antenna will work great for you. If you need/want one PM me.

Cruzer

11 Second 2V
Established Member
I am going to fix the fender where the antenna is and I was thinking about putting a 24K gold strip up the side of my windshield and using that but i'm still not sure or I was going to use this:

Universal Window-mount Antenna AM/FM replacement antenna at Crutchfield.com

That would be alot easer, but for some reason it says that it cant be use for my stang??? WTF looks like it would just plug and play. If I do get it and it dosen't work, I will make it work. Those where my 2 ideas I like my first thought but like I said still not sure yet.:idea:

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
don't put it on the windshield, makes it more difficult to change if the windshield get a crack. Along the pillar inside the car or rear window is a better idea IMHO.

colin450

Established Member
Knock the ball off, make sure you keep an eye on it, cut it however tall you want it, grind it so the ball fits, loctite it, spray paint any knicks. I did this, it looks stock and still gets a perfect signal.

edit: my antenna's about 18" long I think. I lined it up with the roof.

Last edited:

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
i love the look on the shorty. i got the one from american muscle and my radio reception actually got better than with the stock CB antenna.

NITROS COBRA

Established Member
Okay guys/gals like the tittle says, I hate my antenna. I am a radio person so, I need a antenna. So if you have one please post some pics up. Need some ideas. I have a few but still not sure yet. Thanks:beer:

Send me your shipping info. I have something for you. I sell these for alot of dough. If you pay half price i will send it to you. It is a billet 13 inch black antenna.
001-7.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread