Please help!! I need moral support!!

Randee of the Redwoods

Clueless. No...really.
Established Member
Well boys and girls, I just wrote the biggest check I have ever written yet so far. I have now officially ordered a 2003 Cobra in Mineral Gray. I hope I can live through this.
My insurance will be going up a smidgen since last Dec when I called for the original quote on the 2002(when it was). But now that the badge is 2003, Allstate is upping the ante. My money is down and there's no going back. I await May/June with baited breath. I'm hoping and praying I'll qualify for some kick ass Ford credit to help with the monthly payments. It'd be the first time something went right with this deal.
My press kit is in my hand. All specs and what not. Waiting on literature and brochures and pictures. This better be a damn good car. I'm CERTAINLY looking forward to owning and driving it. Mustang Cobra. The car I think I should have bought to begin with.

PS-the only listed option is polished chrome rims. I didn't take them.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
did they tell you the msrp of the car? I went yesterday and the best they could do was to take my number and call me back. I think I might get a yellow drop top. I love the pic of the one on the blueoval website.

does anyone know what color the 03 is on the cover of motor trend? It looks performance red, but its not made in that color.

Randee of the Redwoods

Clueless. No...really.
Established Member
No on the price as of now but my order is officially in. Of the 5 allocated to the dealer I'm buying from (Richmond Ford), one now has my name on it.
Best guesses on msrp are still $35k. And unfortunately I have to pay it. I did, though, receive a signed letter from the salesman stating that I would be paying msrp. Good. I'll be sure to throw that back in their face when they attempt the "dealer prep fees". And I tell you right now. If they try to put on one of them GM type "hard to find" vehicle charges ($2k for the last special edition Firebird) just because it's a Cobra, then I'll just remain Cobra-less. I hear Nissan Maximas are hitting 255hp now anyway. Viable alternative.

junglehyped

Established Member
order went through price on 2003 cobra

:D My order went through on my mineral grey 2003 cobra with rear wing and standard rims.The price is msrp $35,020. Cant wait till i get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

Jhyped :)

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
Originally posted by North Florida Snake
Not to bitch but Jesus that's $10,000 more than what I bought my 99 Cobra for.

$10,000 for a Roots blower, I think not.

NFS

Think about it this way.
Cost to upgrade your car.

Blower - $4000
9" rims and 275 tires - $1600
6 speed trans - $3500
Al flywheel - $300
Al driveshaft - $300
Bilstein's - $500

Total - $10200, looks like a good deal to me, especially since it's only $7000 more than I paid for my 01. Plus at least a 3 year warranty on a car with a blower(priceless).

Also the value of our 99 and 01 cars probably just took a dive.

Last edited:

C_Record

Established Member
>>PS-the only listed option is polished chrome rims. I didn't take them<<

The order guide in the press kit on Blue Oval says there is an option program change which allows the deletion of the rear spoiler. Does anyone know whether this is actually true? (hope so!)

Randee of the Redwoods

Clueless. No...really.
Established Member
Originally posted by rcogs
>>PS-the only listed option is polished chrome rims. I didn't take them<<

The order guide in the press kit on Blue Oval says there is an option program change which allows the deletion of the rear spoiler. Does anyone know whether this is actually true? (hope so!)

That is true. Code 13K.

ROSENDO SANCHEZ

Established Member
Same body style, same 4.6, same interior, and the IRS sucks because it weighs an extra 200 pounds than a live axle not to mention wheelhop on launches.....but it is a sweet car but not different enough to trade my 01.I'll wait till they get a bigger engine a new body style. But props for getting the fastest productin cobra yet.:coolman:

fangstang

Established Member
The IRS sucks? I honestly think its the best thing to happen to the cobra. It placed the cobra in a higher class amongst rwd sports cars. Forget about those F-bodies, just cause they are fast doesnt mean shit to me! If I had a corvette engine in my car I'd be faster too! But anyway, saying that they didnt upgrade the new cobra enough to trade your 2001 for it is totally wrong! Fine, if you dont want to trade your 2001 for the new one is your rational, but to say that they didnt do anyting different to make you upgrade must be the silliest thing I have ever heard! Listen, no beef here bro, I'm just stating my opinion on yours. Wer're all here for the same reason, which is to discuss about our cars and have fun. I think a lot of people that purchased 2001 cobras are in denial because SVT made a more potent cobra, and a lot will want to keep they're 2001's just to reasure themselves that they did not make a mistake. Just my opinion though.

P.S. I'm trading my White 2001 cobra for a 2003 silver coupe:coolman:

svtduck

Established Member
IRS might not be your thing if you want to drag race with the teenybopper ricers on Saturday night, but if you want to play with the BMW M3s on the back roads, it is a must. Flying on a road course on a track day is mucho more fun than stoplight to stoplight. (PS it's also legal.):coolman:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I ordered mine today. Black with charcol & medium graphite interior. I also got the optional chrome rims. I can't wait!

Users who are viewing this thread