Please help me decide to buy or not

ahhjaws

Hey, I have always wanted a Mustang, any type, and year. Well, I came across this repo'd one today. It's a '97 Boss Mustang. 4.6L 5 speed, 116,000 miles, but I don't know if the previous owner did any other modifications (he had NOS system installed but took someof it). Was that a good year? Is the 4.6L a good engine? Any pros/cons do you think? Thanks a lot!

Mustang01.jpg

Mustang02.jpg

Mustang03.jpg

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
Personally speaking, I would be a little scared of the car previously having nitrous, but if it runs good and doesn't have any wierd sounds, I think you'll be fine.

P.S. The 4.6 is a GREAT motor

capnlbj

Beam Me Up Scotty!
Established Member
I'd recommend that you take it to a shop and have it inspected thoroughly to check out the vehicle condition and to see if there are any mods. I don't remember half of what I learned about working on cars years ago, but the one thing I seem to remember is to check the compression. I wouldn't necessarily shy away, when you might find a good deal, just be well informed. Remember that repo'd cars are like repo'd houses, sometimes people like to mess around before they lose it and dump cement in the toilet.

ahhjaws

Well, I ran a carfax on it, and everything checked out. It looks like there were 2 owners, and the the guy who put in the NOS only had it for about 15,000 miles. The first owner registered it as a fleet vehicle, so I'm guessing he just used it for travelling with a business, and thats where the miles added up. But I'm checking it out more in just a little bit. If anything (if the other guy hadn't already) I'll swap in the +99 heads since that is what everyone says is wrong with the 97.

Users who are viewing this thread