Please help Truck is making noise

MikeDSVT

Established Member
Hey, I havn't been on here for quite some time. To busy and no internet at home until a week ago since i moved. And no time at work to surf.....But anyways.

I still have my L and now it is making me mad.

It is making a sort of click clack clack clack under load. Almost like a piston slap issue. It would pretty much go away when the truck was warm. Now it seems to happen a little bit more often and the click clack noise happens in closer repetition. I have always used Mobil 1, and chamge my oil at 3,000 miles (mostly...once or twice ive put 4,000 or so) So i dont know what could be the issue.

If i act liek i am going to powerbrake it but just make the rear lift up and give it some gas the noise becomes more pronounced. Im scared because frankly i had a similar noise on my old GSX and it ended up getting WORSE withing 15 miles it was SO BAD i could not drive. And it had shredded the rod bearing.

Im praying this is not some sort of rod bearing issue, it is hard to hear at all under the hood and giving it any gas.

I figured it was the ussual piston slap, but now im not so convinced.:( :( :( :(
I only have 53k on the truck, lowered a filter and a few other things but no real power adders. So why me?

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
hmmm.. it sounds similar to the sound that RBakerian had a month ago. Can you figure out where in the engine the sound was coming from?

Chi3f

Established Member
if you didn't leave maine on me i would take a listen but since your down in rhode island go see mike or chris:beer:

MikeDSVT

Established Member
ill be in main tmrw night actually, but not in the L taking the corolla s since it gets 40mpg. I hope to be in maine in the summer for good and maybe with a 03 cobra.

I saw a 07 shelby gt500 the other day while i was at this classy resteraunt the dealer over here must have been driving it. It looked nice but i wasnt all that impresed.

Bird

Old and tired............
Established Member
Check your heat shields on your cats.....................a loose one will do just what you're decribing.

Bird

Users who are viewing this thread