Please help with stain on paint

primo

Established Member
So parking is tight in my garage. I have a quad in front and I park my cobra behind it. So I park the cobra as close to it as I can but I guess the front bumper was kissing the quads tire. Now there is a stain on my bumper from the tire and I cant get it off with wax or soap. I mean you can even make out the letters that were on the tire (looks impregnated into the bumber) so i dont think it's due to a deformation of the plastic. Do you think this will come out with a DA and an abrasive polish? Any other ideas? Thanks in advance

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I would start with a good wash and some good bug and tar remover. Once that's done, hit it with a clay bar and see if you can get it off that way. If that doesn't work go to a DA and light polish on a orange pad. If that's a no go, move to a yellow pad with the same product, but you'll have to work your way back to orange and then white to correct what the yellow pad may do.
If none of that works, you may need to compound it out, but make that your last resort. I really think you'll get it out with a good bug & tar and/or clay.

primo

Established Member
bug and tar and the clay bar didn't phase it. 4 hours with the da on a yellow pad with ssr2.5 finally took it out. It took four hours because I would polish, then shut down so the bumper and paint could cool. Don't know if letting it cool did any good because I drive my car in 114* AZ heat, but the stain is out so I'm happy.

TORQJNKY

I heard "Purple Power" and warm/hot water is good for getting out paint stains. I haven't tried it myself so if you do, test it before you go right to your bumper.

** Didn't see that you said you got it out. Good deal.

Users who are viewing this thread