please someone help me find this noise!

MongoCobra

Established Member
my 03 cobra starting creaking the other day. definitely coming from the trunk space. seems to be coming from directly behind the passenger rear seat. sounds like a creak/rattle. removed everything i could including the plastic trim over the wheel well and the spare. still there.

anyone have any ideas? i guess it could be a radio component, i guess i'll try that next

thanks for the help

Leadhead

Melodramatic Nihilist
Established Member
Originally posted by MongoCobra
my 03 cobra starting creaking the other day. definitely coming from the trunk space. seems to be coming from directly behind the passenger rear seat. sounds like a creak/rattle. removed everything i could including the plastic trim over the wheel well and the spare. still there.

anyone have any ideas? i guess it could be a radio component, i guess i'll try that next

thanks for the help

:lol: Did you need help or did typeing it out answer your question? j/k

I would try looking in the spare tire space.:shrug:

Frederick Brown

Established Member
mongocobra i had the same noise you describe. mine was just behind the rear deck speaker, and under the bottom of the rear glass.get in your trunk from the inside, in the area of the glass, look straight up and you will see a structure that is pinch welded.to the main body. first i drove in a wooden wedge but it came back. It seems the fix was, a can of WD40spray the insde liberally. It fixed mine. where are you in NY. im Just south of Rochester. 585 226 2888 Good luck Fred

Petzuk

White Term
Established Member
Mongo,

My 95 coupe creaked/squeeked from the trunk area. It was caused by the hard liners placed above each wheel well, inside the trunk.

I simply placed shop towels between the liners and trunk floor to stop the noise.

MongoCobra

Established Member
got lots of family in rochester- chili to be exact. i'm in Long Island myself.

thanks for the help. hopefully get in there again this weekend.

anyone else have ideas?

SuperSonic

Established Member
I had the same squeak that Fred explained, in the very same spot, but I used a big screwdriver and pryed a couple of pieces of metal apart just a little and the squeak stopped and never returned.

NastyWS6

Established Member
Re: Re: please someone help me find this noise!

Originally posted by Leadhead
:lol: Did you need help or did typeing it out answer your question? j/k

I would try looking in the spare tire space.:shrug:
:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread