Plug Damage.. Detonation??

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Stangin, Which digital A/F ratio monitor do you use? Are you satisfied with it and does it datalog? Do you use aviation fuel or do you just buy race gas from somewhere? Good luck with you're ride!:beer:

stangin

Established Member
I have the Ugo.. I think that is how it is spelled.. no data logging, I wish it did. I would have done more research and got one that did have data logging. I am basically happy with it, it is accurate.

I am using race gas, aviation fuel is rated differently, although it will work, I really am not sure the octane is rated the same so I am not sure what I am getting.. I have used it before though. I would not use the leaded or the low lead as it could plug up your o2 sensors.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Originally posted by davidmax
IMHO you need a return fuel line system.When running 20+ Lbs. of boost with your stock injectors,pump,rails and fuel system your lucky you blew only electrodes,and not POOCHED!!! the motor.I have seen this scenarrio dozens of times,and I'm sorry to say its 100% on the money,David Smilovic

I think Dave is right if you want to stay at this level and enjoy any longevity at all....
you are probably looking at a return style high volumn fuel system and possibly one of the stand alone management systems,
and I would imagine no cats and 100% racing gas.....
plus apten head mod, and low temp stat. with reprogramed kick point on electric cooling fan.....
Or back it back down to about 18psi????
When I do mine I'm not really concentrating on straight line this time around.....
I want to be able to beat vettes and bmw m cars on a road course with a stock "looking" SVT cobra....
Good luck and be careful:rockon: :rockon:

PS: do an internet search on the chemical TOLULENE It is allready a high percentage component in all pump gas, and therefore can't hurt anything( you are running it every time you fill up)
There is a formula for mixing with high octane pump gas that should followed pretty closely....It'a just to save a little money.... If that's not an issue just buy the racing(good stuff) gas.....It's in there too.... :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread