Plug Silencer Holes!

EATONU

gitsome
Established Member
so can anyone tell me what it takes, and how badly will it hurt My stock eaton if i plug these "silencer holes".
I running 12lbs, its enough for now, i just want it louder, my roomate has the cog pulley setup on his truck, its loud all the time, ive gotta do something to mine haha

Thanks for any help
Dan :rockon:

EATONU

gitsome
Established Member
really, just JB weld eh. hmmm, is there a risk of it getting inside the charger anywhere? where can i hear a sound clip of this raped pig!

I'D WIN

Established Member
It doesn't change the sound that much but the whine is a tad bit louder. If you do it, just use some good tape to line the inside of the blower so nothing gets through. I usually throw a couple of layers on there to make sure nothing gets through and the shape has the same curve as the inside of the blower. You will know what I am talking about once you start the project. Its easy, just allow it to sit overnight so it will fully cure.

EATONU

gitsome
Established Member
do you have to full the the charger apart? Hmm if its not that much louder than screw it. maybe.

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
I'm gonna plug my silencer holes when I get around to stripping the rotors, cleaning the IC and re-greasing the rear SC bearings. Probably won't happen until spring gets here. I hate working on a vehicle in cold weather. :whine: Too bad my garage isn't heated. :whine:

EATONU

gitsome
Established Member
So i need to pull it into halfs. i dont have to press the rotors off... not that bad of a job, i wanna clean the intercooler and install the seperator. ill do it all at once

ra1nmakr

Resident Fuel Slut
Established Member
i was thinking of doing it too. i will look into it when i pull the charger to clean the IC. i have recently mastered the art of JB Weld, i have used it on everything, even fashioned a keychain out of it (really bored one day). so plugging a few holes shouldnt be a problem.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
If you plug the holes on a stock unported eaton you will only make it a little louder, it won't gain you anything else.

As stated though a little JB weld is all it takes.

30403-1570-32141.jpg

Lightning1

Established Member
a bit of wax paper will make cleanup on the inside easier...well for me anyways. I did end up having to sand down a little so the rotors wouldn't touch, but all in all very simple. Not sure how much louder it got as I went from a 4lb to a 6lb and ported blower with holes plugged. I can say of the L's and HD's at the dyno, mine was the loudest.

Users who are viewing this thread