Plug wire covers...

Morningstar908

Established Member
Ive been looking and cannot seem to find anything. Can anyone point me in the direction of some plug wire covers for a DOHC 4.6???

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
I used to make them out of billet aluminum earlier in the year. I sold 20 pairs for around $120 plus shipping. LL hazed me on here for "advertising". I'm not a business and can't afford to advertise so I quit making them. Everyone that bought them raved about them. Here's a pic:
dscn13781ym5.jpg

ju015dd

64 valves
Established Member
wish i could have got me a pair. damn being poor. and i still cant believe he harrased you for advertising......

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I still wish I would have been able to afford a blank set of Shannon's. I'm looking into doing a bunch of powdercoating in the engine bay in the future and they would have looked so nice...

and i still cant believe he harrased you for advertising......

They don't want the paying sponsors of the site to get their panties in a bunch. I can understand why they'd discourage it...

matsm21

wasting time again?!
Established Member
I got a blanj bair of shannons. They are sooo nice. The only problem I'm having is what if I should do anything to them, or leave them blank

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I like the LRS/UPR one's better.
The other one's just had a "mickey mouse" generic text on them.

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member

Wildpony

Established Member
I got a pair & love them as well.
Finally got the dig camera and will post a pic once I figure out that whole thing.
Yeah Im behind the times a little. :)

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
:xpl: compared to http://www.karkraft.com/Columbus 0707 007.jpg

Kar Kraft is not they only place I have seen those. There is a place that has them for cheaper, but they are still pricey. And before anyone says anything that hasn't seen these before, NO they ae NOT for C heads. They are for B heads.

Yep Ford Racing came out with them about three months before I got my first sets finished. I do think thiers are very nice, but for $200 they better be. I actually ordered a set just so I could check them out.

LILBLKSNAKE

Village Idiot
Established Member
Yep Ford Racing came out with them about three months before I got my first sets finished. I do think thiers are very nice, but for $200 they better be. I actually ordered a set just so I could check them out.

The Ford racing ones can't be personalized with whatever message you want. I'm glad I got the last set of SKMCOBRA covers!!!

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member

Just to be clear, I was referring to the fact that the Ford Racing ones are nicer than the blank polished versions that UPR sells. It might not have come off that way.

You can never fault someone for trying to beautify or motors that the aftermarket seems bent on leaving behind. :beer:

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
so they were out for a little less then a year? ford is so a** backward sometimes

To be honest the demand just really isn't there. I sold 20 sets in about five months time. Several were to you guys on here and several were on ebay. If I hadn't had a good friend who let me use his cnc machine at no charge, I would never been able to afford making them. I am considering making another 10 sets this winter and will let you guys know if I do.

Users who are viewing this thread