Polished Ford Racing Whipple Opinions

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
No BAP, just the 47lb injectors, and still running good with a 67mm VMP throttle body and Roush 110mm CAI.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Wow that's pretty good! I think I would just get a bap for insurance. Seems like a really nice kit though!

milas

Established Member
What pully size?

Sent from my SM-G920T using the svtperformance.com mobile app
3.375 pulley I think, whatever comes with it and gets about 9psi boost. My dyno only showed 8.5 psi, so very conservative.

The 533 rwhp was in 4th gear on a manual (didn't notice until I got home, should be 5th) without the 67mm TB, just the stock TB. I didn't retune with the TB. I'm planning on using the JLT 127mm CAI and smaller pulley with a retune.

I'm guessing I'm closer to 550-575 in 5th gear now (3.55 gears) and hoping for 600 when I pulley down and increase CAI size to match TB better.

I got the VMP tune because I already had one, and the retune was cheaper!

Jdm351

Established Member
Twin screw power showed up today! 2.3L of fury. So stoked, this was such a smoking deal. Gonna do the oil pump gears while I'm installing in the next few weeks. After it's up and running, gonna grab an AED tune for it. For anyone else, there aren't very many more of these floating around so if you are thinking about it, try to find one that is not dropship from ford. I know last week Yates performance and blue oval industries each had 2 in their warehouse.

bllit

Established Member
What is "super cheap?" Curious.
I have just installed the kit on my 2014 gt it runs great but the cooling fans are on most of the time and it idles at 750 rpm I called ford racing they said that was normal. Has anyone else had this it just doesn't seem right the fans running all the time.

Jdm351

Established Member
Good job. You going to dyno? What would you guess it took if you didnt the OPG. You running the ford 624 tune?

Sent from my SM-G920T using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I may dyno in the future. Mostly a track times guy. Running the frpp tune for now. I will get a new tune from Shaun after I put a few miles on the kit. I think it took about 12 hours for just the blower. I worked for 21 hours total over three days. Steady work, no big problems arose. Fired up at the hit of the key with no issue. It was great.

milas

Established Member
OPG doubled my install time too. I thought it would be easier, guess I should've done cams at the same time instead!

Paul.

Established Member
That's exciting! I had the same experience with my Whipple install. Took about 20 hours or so, including the billet oil pump gears and timing sprocket. It was completely turn-key and fired immediately on the first try.

Looking forward to your track times. Post some pics!!

Jdm351

Established Member
Here is a pic of first run. I love how the polished looks. For the money, this is great.

Attachments

• IMG_3068.JPG
    IMG_3068.JPG
    835.3 KB · Views: 137

Users who are viewing this thread