Polished my Redfire Cobra

sonicmach1

Established Member
Touching it up for a car show on Friday. No wax on it yet. I will get some pics in the sun then.

Cobra_polish12_4212012_2.jpg

Cobra_polish13_4212012_2.jpg

Cobra_polish15_4212012_2.jpg

Cobra_polish19_4212012_2.jpg

sonicmach1

Established Member
What sets and polish did you use... Redfire great color

Redfire is great! :beer:

I just used some Meguiars M205 as a touch-up with a white pad on my Porter Cable Dual Action polisher. I had not needed to polish in a year plus. I followed up this time with some Menzerna SF4500 ultra polish with a black pad.

To prep, I did my normal car wash (soft water, sheepskin mitt, Meguiars soap, foamer, dual buckets, blow dry). Then I followed with a soft clay bar and a quick rewash... then on to polishing.

I then sealed the car with Optimum Opti-Seal. I use Natty's red wax, but have not applied it yet.

The real test is sunlight - no swirls or scratch streaks at all just off center from the sunspot. In the garage while I am polishing, I use a halogen light to judge.

I have some closer paint pictures...if you are interested.

Last edited:

sonicmach1

Established Member
Here are some closer ones. The goal is to look just off the sunspot and look for any sparkles (scratched).

Cobra_paintpresealant23.jpg

Cobra_paintpresealant26.jpg

polish_hood_old1.jpg

20redfire03

Established Member
Looks great and like above I wish the same for my Redfire. I would like to get my buffed but being that its parked outside under a carport would have the work by a buff/polish ruined in a couple days.

Users who are viewing this thread