polished or chrome, whats your thoughts

onequiklx

Established Member
was planning to put a set of polished wheels on the teal 93 car but have heard that they dont look good after a year or so, what do u guys like better polished or chrome and where is the best place to buy them? thanks

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
That's an EASY one after owning atleast one set of rims in every finish. STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM POLISHED. The upkeep is horrific and they start to pit after a while. More upkeep than any other rim. Stay with chrome or painted.

onequiklx

Established Member

WillyB93

Established Member
No problem, I would really like to find a set of originals that are chromed, or have them chromed.

onequiklx

Established Member
No problem, I would really like to find a set of originals that are chromed, or have them chromed.

i have a guy up here i helped build a powder coating oven for and i think he is doing a chrome and black chrome on some wheels, i'll check

WillyB93

Established Member
Black chrome is sweet as well, really would look good on my black car or teal one.

onequiklx

Established Member
well im in the process of buying a set of factory wheels to have them powder coated black chrome and we will see how they look once there done, still might buy a set of chrome ones also just for the hell of it.

TX93Cobra

Established Member
powder coated black chrome??? are their pictures of this?? i had to actually get mine chromed....

BrettT 93|03

93 & 03 Cobra Venom
Established Member
I have chrome on my 03 and polish on the 93 Teal. As, the polish wheels require a little more maintenance at first. I really don't mind them. Just do a really good polish and then wax them. The wax makes it easier on the up keep...just wipe them off with detailer spray. With the chrome, I just use the detailer spray to freshen them up. But, have to say that really both need a little or some detailing as the cars sit in the garage. It seems that after sitting in the garage dust and moisture will screw them up either way. Now, if you daily drive you car. I do agree with the above comments. Stay away from polish wheels. However, if the car isn't a daily driver and doens't see any rain. Poilsh wheels would be fine.

Here is a couple of pics of my teal. I have only POILSHED them once back in the spring. Like I said... I just use a little spray deatiler to freshen them. After a real good polish...think my polish wheels look like chrome.

0517112037a.jpg

IMG_20110812_205918.jpg

Oh yea,, BLACK CHROME :rockon:
I wouldn't mind a set for my teal. Black chrome and teal...:rockon:

onequiklx

Established Member
I have chrome on my 03 and polish on the 93 Teal. As, the polish wheels require a little more maintenance at first. I really don't mind them. Just do a really good polish and then wax them. The wax makes it easier on the up keep...just wipe them off with detailer spray. With the chrome, I just use the detailer spray to freshen them up. But, have to say that really both need a little or some detailing as the cars sit in the garage. It seems that after sitting in the garage dust and moisture will screw them up either way. Now, if you daily drive you car. I do agree with the above comments. Stay away from polish wheels. However, if the car isn't a daily driver and doens't see any rain. Poilsh wheels would be fine.

Here is a couple of pics of my teal. I have only POILSHED them once back in the spring. Like I said... I just use a little spray deatiler to freshen them. After a real good polish...think my polish wheels look like chrome.

0517112037a.jpg

IMG_20110812_205918.jpg

Oh yea,, BLACK CHROME :rockon:
I wouldn't mind a set for my teal. Black chrome and teal...:rockon:

nice, very nice the car looks real good with polished

billy maxfield

Established Member
I have a black 93 with chrome wheels and have two aftermarket wheels that are polished that i was gonna put some drag radials on . I will post some pics up when i put my polished ones on.

mike.b

Established Member
im not a chrome or polished fan anymore. i have had both on different cars and like powdercoated/painted now.

Users who are viewing this thread