Polishing glass...

mj8

Established Member
Can I use my PC to polish windshields and windows? What pad would I use what product liquid product would I need?

trance_in_miami

Established Member
96redvette said:
i would like to try this too... would the stock pc pad be any good for this?

you can try it out I, dont use the stock Pad. Also the VM is to make your glass glossy & a bit easier to clean. if you have bad water etching/Spots on your glass try claying it followed by some VM. :beer: i used the polishing pad for it. :read: gives decent results. VM is not intended to restore glass but rather help make it gloss & cleaning easier. give it a try . :rollseyes .

Scott P

Established Member
VM is Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze. I've neer used it to polish glass. I've used it on my side windows before, but never as a polish. I use Poorboy's Pro Polish with a polishing pad on my windshield. The Poorboy's SSR line would be a good option too.

I bought Diamondite's Glass cleaning and Protection kit from Autogeek a few years ago. It did a decent enough job on the glass. It des come with spray on protectant that works nicely too.

agentf1

Established Member
Zaino makes a pretty descent glass polish. It works awesome on water spots and mild scratches. It also makes the wipers work awesome. I also use Z8 on my ws with success but the z9 is more of a rainX type product and won't remove anything.

Juiced-03

Established Member
agentf1 said:
Zaino makes a pretty descent glass polish. It works awesome on water spots and mild scratches. It also makes the wipers work awesome. I also use Z8 on my ws with success but the z9 is more of a rainX type product and won't remove anything.

I had horrible luck with the Zaino glass polish. It was extremely difficult to buff off, and it seemed to dust/crumble a lot as well. Not a sun friendly product either. I prefer Klasse AIO or Vanilla Moose for glass. For normal cleaning I just use Eagle 1 20/20.

Jettsaleen281

UT at Austin
Established Member
i've PCed my glass before with VM on a polishing pad when i was total detailing my car a while back. It seems like it also helped how well the wipers worked in the rain. It looks shiny too :-D

whitecobra98

Established Member
I've done the glass on my truck which gets beat up pretty bad heading to northern VT in the winter, with the pc with an orange pad and Griot's Garage glass polish. They have two different ones, and they work great.

Users who are viewing this thread