Polishing small metal parts with Dremel tool

Noisycow

Mods B4 Food and Water
Established Member
I have a stock polished TB that looks great, and nasty/stock bolts to mount it with :cuss: - not really, just in comparison. I have a Dremel tool, but there are about a trillion 'polishing' bits for it - which one(s) should I buy just for small-job polishing?

Yes, I tried a search. :(

LightningSteed

wheres the dancing girls?
Established Member
Noisycow said:
I have a stock polished TB that looks great, and nasty/stock bolts to mount it with :cuss: - not really, just in comparison. I have a Dremel tool, but there are about a trillion 'polishing' bits for it - which one(s) should I buy just for small-job polishing?

Yes, I tried a search. :(

you can polish the stock bolts but if they are steel they will rust on you without some kind of protection against the elements. If they are black now that is probablly like some kind of oxide coating. if you want something you can polish that won't rust, stainless is the best thing. might see if ARP makes some stainless fasteners in the same thread/length. otherwise seek out a local place that specializes in fasteners. (something better than a hardware store ) or see if one of the vendors that do Lightning stuff carry them.
another alternative might be to locate some sorts of caps to cover the heads..maybe anodized. or having a set of bolts plated in chrome or gold cadnium plated (might be kind of pricy unless you have a few other things done at the same time though )

-Ralph

Last edited:

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
I'd try to get new fasteners. I used my Dremel to try and polish up my stock exhaust tips, and I ended up fuggin them up. I tried many different types of tips (I've got them all). I don't mind b/c I'm getting a new cat-back system, but I'd be careful. You might be pissed off at the results. It sounds easier than it really is.

Users who are viewing this thread