poll-Give me your opinion

dragrazor

Established Member
I have been a 1993 cobra owner now for about 6mos but have been a ford fan for a long time. I am 36 y/o. I love all cars though. I guess I am just a car nut. The reason I am writing is to see what you guys think. I have noticed that some people put down a cobra with excessive miles. What I mean is that a cobra with 30,000 miles or less gets much praise because of its low mileage and a cobra with 50,000 miles or more gets criticized if the owner tries to sell it and asks more than 13,000 for it. If you look at the 1967-1969 camaro's or the 1969-1975 mustangs, you will see that the prices for them are out of control no matter what the mileage. Looking at car history, certain cars have skyrocketed because of its appeal or fame. No matter what condition they are in or mileage they have, they are desireable cars. The only question is if it has the original motor,matching numbers,etc. But even if it is a certain clone or non numbers matching, they are still desireable because of the era and memories they bring for a certain generation.My point is, these cobras that we have fallen in love with will one day be desired as much as the ones desired today because of the memories they will bring when we are over 50. Please do not belittle someone for possibly asking (in your opinion) too much for their car. Get your hands on one because these cars will one day be an icon and be very desired.Fyi, there were over 100,000 1969 camaros sold back then. Go to ebay and see what they are going for. In 6 years, these cobras will be 20 y/o. What do you guys think? Am I wrong?

carguy19

Established Member
Yeah There Were Almost 10000 Z28 Camaros Made In 69.

Look At The Prices Of Those. There Are Only 4993 Of Ours.

dragrazor

Established Member
Also, look at the buick grand national, these cars with 50k to 70k miles are getting 15k to 17k.Over 70k miles, are going for 12k to 15.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
dragrazor said:
I have been a 1993 cobra owner now for about 6mos but have been a ford fan for a long time. I am 36 y/o. I love all cars though. I guess I am just a car nut. The reason I am writing is to see what you guys think. I have noticed that some people put down a cobra with excessive miles. What I mean is that a cobra with 30,000 miles or less gets much praise because of its low mileage and a cobra with 50,000 miles or more gets criticized if the owner tries to sell it and asks more than 13,000 for it. If you look at the 1967-1969 camaro's or the 1969-1975 mustangs, you will see that the prices for them are out of control no matter what the mileage. Looking at car history, certain cars have skyrocketed because of its appeal or fame. No matter what condition they are in or mileage they have, they are desireable cars. The only question is if it has the original motor,matching numbers,etc. But even if it is a certain clone or non numbers matching, they are still desireable because of the era and memories they bring for a certain generation.My point is, these cobras that we have fallen in love with will one day be desired as much as the ones desired today because of the memories they will bring when we are over 50. Please do not belittle someone for possibly asking (in your opinion) too much for their car. Get your hands on one because these cars will one day be an icon and be very desired.Fyi, there were over 100,000 1969 camaros sold back then. Go to ebay and see what they are going for. In 6 years, these cobras will be 20 y/o. What do you guys think? Am I wrong?

I agree

stangbear427

Established Member
Agreed. Granted, I think a low mile car is worth more than a high mile car of equal condition. However, I'll never tell someone they're asking too much if the condition is perfect, no matter how many miles are on it.

Hec332

SBF W/Twin 76's Street Car
Established Member
I agree,but i think the 93 foxes in general will be like the 69 camaro. And the cobra's will be like the yenko's IMO. And i thinks there's only around 4000 cobra left.

Hec332

Established Member
I agree,but I think the 93 foxes in general will be like the 69 camaro. And the cobra's will be like the yenko's or the SS IMO. And I think there's only around 4000 cobra left anyways.

Hec332

Established Member
cobra

I agree,but I think the 93 foxes in general will be like the 69 camaro. And the cobra's will be like the yenko's or the SS IMO. And I think there's only around 4000 cobra left anyways.

CO9B3RA

Established Member
carguy19 said:
Yeah There Were Almost 10000 Z28 Camaros Made In 69.

Look At The Prices Of Those. There Are Only 4993 Of Ours.

There WERE 4993 Cobras in the beginning. Due to accidents et al, there may
be fewer than 65% of the original # being driven or otherwise intact.

:coolman:

svt2205

Established Member
How many are in your registry now?

One thing to consider when talking about a 1969 Camaro is the fact Chevy built them for a few additional months.

I've heard of all sorts of interesting comparisons when talking 93 Cobra's, but to compare these cars to Yenko's.... But, Wow?????

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I think the '93 Cobra will be more like the Boss 302's. There were twice as many Boss 302's built, but as far as comparing price and collectability, I'd say they'll be close.

93SVTCobra

Established Member
I think that the fox body market is already out of control and only going to get worse. I have a few friends looking for cars and it's hard to touch a decent car for under $5k period.

I think that the boss 302 comparison is spot on except for the fact that you could buy Boss 302s in the mid 80's for under $1k (granted they were pretty rough or didn't have engines but were still boss 302's). Seems that the Cobra market hit that low point back in around 2000-2001 (I bought 2 93 Cobra's for under $1k then). Seems that since then the market has slowly but steadily rebounding and with the Shelby/Hemi market going absolutely crazy right now car investers are looking elsewhere and they are ending up with the 80/90's muscles cars. Nice examples of all 80's muscle cars are starting to bring premium $$$$ and it's only going to get worse (or better depending on which end of the buying/selling equation you are on).

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I agree. I've been shopping around for a super clean fox, and I wasn't prepared to pay the dollar amount they're bringing.

I'm in the market for a Bimini Blue '92 coupe or hatch with black interior. 5 speed preferably, but I'll swap an auto over if the price is right. The few I've found have been around $8k for the nice ones. I'm not really willing to pay that much for an LX, but if I don't now, it'll only go up later. I think I'll just pay a few grand more for a cobra. Maybe not as nice, but I'll get more with it.

stangbear427

Established Member
That's how it worked out for me. I wanted a pristine, low mile red '91 GT with a sunroof and black or grey cloth, and couldn't find any that weren't within $1000 of what I paid for my Cobra (which is why I ended up with it). Honestly, I didn't want a Cobra, but I couldn't pass it up for the money- comparatively speaking.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
All I can say is that the fox market is definitely on the upswing. I'm getting bombarded with repro. window sticker requests, averaging prob. one a week. And it's taking me prob. 2 weeks on average to get them out. I'm prob. 5 weeks out on production right now, which sux.

It tells me that people are really hot for these cars, as I used to only get a request or so about every two weeks.

And we're not talking unique cars, just your garden variety 5.0's with standard option sets...

dragrazor

Established Member
I have been following all foxes on ebay. Have you seen the cars that are selling there? I have not seen an average fox that does not look destroyed go for less than $5000.

drkhrse

Established Member
I must say I love the 93 Cobras!! I have two and want a black one to complete my Trio...

I do see a problem comparing them to late 60’s early 70’s muscle cars however. Back then the body change drastically every couple years (65-73 mustangs are a great example) personal taste and availability has made the old ones jump so much in value, beside a lot of them have been crushed. I think the 93 Cobra will always be the top dog of the Fox platform however they the Fox cars looked pretty similar from 86-93, almost 10 years of the same body doesn’t make them quite as sought after, Hell I run into people at car shows all the time who still tell me ford didn’t make a cobra on a fox body. There are only 4993 and to each of us who has one, hold out for top $$, it will make them all worth more!!

It will be hard to say what the future brings, guess I better find my Black one soon!!!

fivestangs

Established Member
hmmmm....my buddy owed me a $1000, so in lieu of paying me, he gave me his run of the mill 98k mile '93 LX 5.0 AOD hatch. A tree fell on it during Katrina and busted the hatch glass and destroyed the spoiler, so I had another buddy find me a replacement for $40. At first I was going to keep it, but I have too many cars already, so I decided to get rid of it. After reading all you guy's posts about how the prices on the foxes are already going nuts, I think I'm going to have to hold on to her and see what happens. Thanks for the good info!

Mark

Seems that the Cobra market hit that low point back in around 2000-2001 (I bought 2 93 Cobra's for under $1k then).

If that situation would have presented itself to me, I'm sure I would have been killed by an asteroid falling from the sky the minute after I handed over the cash.....

Oh, and to actually respond to the original poster, I believe that ALL year SVT Cobras, SVOs, Mach-1s, and Bullits (sp??) are going to end up being the cream of the crop for collectors....so GET'EM NOW AND HOLD ON TO THEM!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread