POLL: sell the STi and get an 03/04 Cobra...Or do a turbo kit and get over 400 awhp

Should I sell my 05 STi and get an 03/04 Cobra....or: turbo kit for over 400 awhp.

• Sell and get the Cobra.

Votes: 102 71.8%
  • Aftermarket turbo kit for over 400 awhp.

Votes: 40 28.2%

• Total voters

89LXcoupe

Established Member
I have been thinking about selling my STi and getting a Cobra. I would have around 4-5k leftover on my loan after selling the car...I have also been considering doing a turbo kit and all the supporting mods and getting over 400awhp.

What should I do.................

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
89LXcoupe said:
I have been thinking about selling my STi and getting a Cobra. I would have around 4-5k leftover on my loan after selling the car...I have also been considering doing a turbo kit and all the supporting mods and getting over 400awhp.

Your responses will be pretty biased around here.

I would say I'd trust the forged bottom end and iron block of the Terminator to hold 450rwhp vs. 400awhp on the Sub.

BUT if its reliable then it will be damn quick. What do YOU like better?

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
I sold my STi and got an 03 Cobra. I have yet to look back on that decision. One of the best moves I made. And my insurance went down, if you can believe that.

DCAN87

Established Member
Well, if you like the cobra looks better then do that. 400 awhp is alot, but remember the cobras can handle well over 600 RWHP 600 beats 400 all day long even with the extra two wheels propelling.

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
Out of those two get the Cobra. But if I were I would sell the STi and build that notch into an insane turbo street car.

Mika

Established Member
I'd build your notch if I were you. But that's me. If you want a car that can handle, stop and go respectably well, and do that even in crappy weather, stick with the STi. If you want big #'s, fast 1/4 mile times, go with a Cobra.

Mika

OregonMustang

500/500 club member
Established Member
89LXcoupe said:

Buddy of mine just sold his 03 cobra for a new 06 STi. LOL
He loves it....0-60' in 1.xx secs...nice...

He likes open track driving though. Me...I'm keeping my 04 and dumping about another 4k in suspension in her.

MustangMike

GR81
Established Member
i'd say keep the Subaru... gas prices are getting rediculous. You'll get a QUICK launch and a decent top end w/400 awhp, not to mention better gas mileage than a Cobra. That's what I'd do! :beer: Good luck with your decision making!

Got5onIt

Mean Green Nation
Established Member
Tough decision, but I say just keep the Sti.

Didn't you ask this same question a few months back? Sounds like you really want a Cobra. Just get the Cobra and be happy!! :-D

PoisonSnake

Banned
It's weird, a few people I know who have an 03/04 Cobra say "I want an EVO 8 or STi!" and people with an STi or EVO 8 say "I want an 03/04 Cobra!" wtf. :dw:

Users who are viewing this thread