Pontiac 6000 takes 2003 celica

m8trix00

Established Member
You can call bs if you want but this is exactly what I saw.

There is a guy I see pretty often on my way to work, he drives a celica @2003
it has a body kit, rims, exhaust, he didnt go rice, but its border line.

I am not even sure what they put down, but he is usually going around revving his engine in the middle of morning rush hour.

Make a long story short, he pulled up at the light with what looked like a 80s pontiac 6000, they took off, fart can roaring, and the 6000 took him by about a car length. :burnout:

I would have thought a heavy car like that would be slower. The guy in the celica probably cant drive.

I cracked up.

anyway, figured I would share.

ok this is what they claim the celica can do:

2002 Toyota Celica GTS 7.3 15.6

I didnt find the specs on a 6000

Last edited:

Bootbox

Established Member
This is the worst thread I've ever seen in roadkill.

:thumbsup:

m8trix00

Established Member
Bootbox said:
This is the worst thread I've ever seen in roadkill.

Thank you. After reading some of the replies from your previous posts, I will take that as a compliment.

com·pli·ment I did not want to confuse you with too many syllables.

It's on the beach in Malibu. Literally on the beach

That's a big deal.

That about covers it.

Those are the ones everyone buys.

____

You have to love people that have nothing better to do than talk crap about others. :loser:

Last edited:

02YZ125

So sticky
Established Member
I witnessed a beat-to-sh*t bone stock automatic V6 mustang outrun a celica GTS auto..... hahaha

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
V6 mustangs are faster than most cars in there price range, yes they are even faster than the V6 Fbody's. I had one, they arnt slouches (well compaired to some of the cars on here they deffinately are)

Bootbox

Established Member
Sorry I shit on your thread. :whine:

Please make sure to keep us up to date on races like this in the future.

Last edited:

Team Dave

I broke something
Established Member
I don't know why people say that sucks, I think it's hilarious to see shit like this!

My friend's old Acura 2.5TL lost to a Celica by like half a car up to 90. 5 people in our car (Acura) with 2 sets of gold clubs, helllllla stuff like backpacks, books, all kinds of heavy shit. I gave the Celica a thumbs up, but then turned it to a tumbs down. He was PISSED. lol

m8trix00

Established Member
Bootbox said:
Sorry I shit on your thread. :whine:

Please make sure to keep us up to date on races like this in the future.

Hey Bootbox. I am glad you are finally out of the closet and all, but I already told you I am not interested.

If you find my thread so boring, then why did you feel compelled to reply to it.... you just prove my point once again. :dw:

Let me put it in terms even you can understand.

1) Get a life.
2) I am sure there are plenty of young guys at your local gay club that have cars faster
than your vehicle. Go and make friends with them. You can even wear your buttless
chaps and sing to the village people. :pepper:
3) I thought it was funny, so I figured I would share. I always get a kick out of funny race
stories.
4) If you dont like it, who cares.
5) Please just get off my sack.... yes as in DEEEZ.
6) Finally once again. get a life. :loser:

Team Dave

I broke something
Established Member
m8trix00 said:
Hey Bootbox. I am glad you are finally out of the closet and all, but I already told you I am not interested.

If you find my thread so boring, then why did you feel compelled to reply to it.... you just prove my point once again. :dw:

Let me put it in terms even you can understand.

1) Get a life.
2) I am sure there are plenty of young guys at your local gay club that have cars faster
than your vehicle. Go and make friends with them. You can even wear your buttless
chaps and sing to the village people. :pepper:
3) I thought it was funny, so I figured I would share. I always get a kick out of funny race
stories.
4) If you dont like it, who cares.
5) Please just get off my sack.... yes as in DEEEZ.
6) Finally once again. get a life. :loser:

LMAO :kaboom:

Aerosi665

Daily Driver
Established Member
Celica's are slow pieces of SHIT for the price. While they are pretty nice on the inside (nicer then my stang) I still would never drive one. For $24,000 a "sports" car that runs a 15.6 is disgraceful.

m8trix00

Established Member
If someone is happy with their car that's cool, but what made it funny is that he was going around with the bumble bee on steroids sound, and revving it up at everyone.

I really need a video camera, the words just do not do justice.

98LaserGT :thumbsup: heheh

PlatinumX05

Banned
My car is really slow for the money.

The Celica runs a 15.6 quarter mile for $24,000, and that is overpriced to all of you SVT Mustang drivers? Well my car must be really really really overpriced b/c my car (Audi A6 2.7T) runs pathetic high 14s and cost $45,000 new. How do Mustangs manage to be so fast for so little money?

03SVTF

@10psi
Established Member
PlatinumX05 said:
The Celica runs a 15.6 quarter mile for $24,000, and that is overpriced to all of you SVT Mustang drivers? Well my car must be really really really overpriced b/c my car (Audi A6 2.7T) runs pathetic high 14s and cost $45,000 new. How do Mustangs manage to be so fast for so little money?

Yea, Mustangs are great cars. :thumbsup:

m8trix00

Established Member
PlatinumX05 said:

Yeah but you dont go around revving your engine at people do you? :D

Audi is a nice car, and there are alot of resons some cars are more expensive than others.

quality of interior, comfort levels, etc.... sometimes people just pay for a name.

people pay alot for porsche boxsters and they are pretty slow too :beer:

now this is a machine 2004 Porsche Turbo X50 3.7 11.86

45,000 I would get an used z06 and modify it. Fast from factory and handles. :rockon:

but to each his own.

Users who are viewing this thread