Poor Little Probe

HawkMech

Wildhorses Rule!!!
Established Member
Before I start, I'd just like to say that I know this really isn't much of a kill, but I though it would be a good story to share.

A couple of days ago I was driving up I-24 heading north outta Nashville, just cruising along minding my own business. I notice in the mirror that this little white probe is doing everything he can to weave in and out of traffic trying to pass people. He finally makes it up right behind me, so I decided to play with him a little. I stayed in the left lane doing about 75-80 and he kept trying to pass me, but I'd just speed up a little and he'd get blocked by traffic and have to pull back in behind me again. Well I did this to him for a couple of minutes and then we finally got to a stretch of the Interstate that was flat and straight and traffic had thinned out quite a bit, so I decide it's time to run. He's sitting right on my a$$ so I just leaned into the gas a little and started speeding up. He stayed with me as best he could, then right as I hit 120, I looked in the rearview just in time to watch his front driver side tire EXPLODE! and the car nose dive and start weaving. I have to give the guy a lot of credit though, because he never lost control of it. Just slowed it down and pulled off to the side of the interstate. I started to feel kinda bad for him, and then I remembered the age old saying "If you can't run with the big dog's, keep your a$$ on the porch."

Anyways, like I said not much of a kill really, but I thought it would be a good story to share.

Kimcobra

Established Member
Was it white with some flames on it and a big ass silver wing??I had one that would not leave me alone yesterday on 231.I was in the 91 LX and he just kept riding my ass at 80 so I would jump on it and run up to 120 and lose him but he wouldn't quit :bash:

Romans8:28

Established Member
Great story :thumbsup:

I love to when somebody who wants to just drive fast (not so much race) gets in behind me on the interstate. I usually increase speed very very slowly until we are both doing about 90-95 or so. I will usually run along like that until we hit a good incline, then I sort of roll into the throttle enough to start building speed on up to say 105, knowing full well the "lessor car" will never be able to even hold 90 on the hill much less pick up speed. I laugh my butt off just looking in the rearview as they try beyond all hope to keep up but they just fade away.

HawkMech

Wildhorses Rule!!!
Established Member
Sa-When said:
Was it white with some flames on it and a big ass silver wing??I had one that would not leave me alone yesterday on 231.I was in the 91 LX and he just kept riding my ass at 80 so I would jump on it and run up to 120 and lose him but he wouldn't quit :bash:

It was white, but it didn't have any flames or a wing or anything like that. Looked like it was bone stock. The paint even looked old and faded.

HawkMech

Wildhorses Rule!!!
Established Member
Romans8:28 said:
Great story :thumbsup:

I love to when somebody who wants to just drive fast (not so much race) gets in behind me on the interstate. I usually increase speed very very slowly until we are both doing about 90-95 or so. I will usually run along like that until we hit a good incline, then I sort of roll into the throttle enough to start building speed on up to say 105, knowing full well the "lessor car" will never be able to even hold 90 on the hill much less pick up speed. I laugh my butt off just looking in the rearview as they try beyond all hope to keep up but they just fade away.

That's just about exactly what I did.

04blackSVT

Established Member
HawkMech said:
Before I start, I'd just like to say that I know this really isn't much of a kill, but I though it would be a good story to share.

A couple of days ago I was driving up I-24 heading north outta Nashville, just cruising along minding my own business. I notice in the mirror that this little white probe is doing everything he can to weave in and out of traffic trying to pass people. He finally makes it up right behind me, so I decided to play with him a little. I stayed in the left lane doing about 75-80 and he kept trying to pass me, but I'd just speed up a little and he'd get blocked by traffic and have to pull back in behind me again. Well I did this to him for a couple of minutes and then we finally got to a stretch of the Interstate that was flat and straight and traffic had thinned out quite a bit, so I decide it's time to run. He's sitting right on my a$$ so I just leaned into the gas a little and started speeding up. He stayed with me as best he could, then right as I hit 120, I looked in the rearview just in time to watch his front driver side tire EXPLODE! and the car nose dive and start weaving. I have to give the guy a lot of credit though, because he never lost control of it. Just slowed it down and pulled off to the side of the interstate. I started to feel kinda bad for him, and then I remembered the age old saying "If you can't run with the big dog's, keep your a$$ on the porch."

Anyways, like I said not much of a kill really, but I thought it would be a good story to share.

Why not just move over and let him go by? :shrug: Sounds like a waste of time. Good story though. :pop:

Users who are viewing this thread