Poor SRT's

LantzRC

Whatis that whine?
Established Member
At a wendy's drive thru in my home town I kept getting harrassed by an employee at the window about how his TT neon would wax my 03 Cobra. I dealt with this for about a week until one night a few days ago when I happened to grab my snack around the time he was getting off. I wanted to see what this "majestic" neon would do. After taking off at the light, by the time a hit second I had pulled about half a car on him. Once I got higher into the RPM's his ride wasnt looking too hot. Around 4th gear and 100+ the car links were too many to count. (I estimate 7-9.) Needless to say I wont be ordering at that wendy's for awhile for fear of my crispy chicken being tampered with for the beating I threw him. Add another one to the tally

Kirk01

Established Member
I'm pretty sure they stopped making twin turbo kits for those cars because they weren't as effective as a single big turbo.

Nice kill, I'm sure he'll be looking into ways to up the boost.

LantzRC

Whatis that whine?
Established Member
I'm pretty sure they stopped making twin turbo kits for those cars because they weren't as effective as a single big turbo.

Nice kill, I'm sure he'll be looking into ways to up the boost.

Not sure if it was an older system or not. I havnt seen under the hood. I could def. hear the spool up though. seemed to kick in around 2500 maybe 3K . Until I know dif. I'll just have to take his word for it.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

They never made twin turbo kits for those cars. At least not any real tuner shop/outlet. Maybe some tard here and there tried to custom build one, but to make it work they would have to be smart enough to know not to talk that sort of shit, nor would they be working at wendy's.

That wouldve been my first response to the kid, and what would easily lead me to believe he isnt worth the risk or the gas.

Was it even a real SRT4?

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
They never made twin turbo kits for those cars. At least not any real tuner shop/outlet. Maybe some tard here and there tried to custom build one, but to make it work they would have to be smart enough to know not to talk that sort of shit, nor would they be working at wendy's.

That wouldve been my first response to the kid, and what would easily lead me to believe he isnt worth the risk or the gas.

Was it even a real SRT4?
Has there ever been TT kits for 4 bangers? There may have been some made, but I've never heard of it.

04svtsnke

Established Member

Was it even a real SRT4?

LCR and DCR made kits for the srt4's. they didnt perform well and were basically cast aside by the srt community.

LantzRC

Whatis that whine?
Established Member
yeah, like I said I just had to take his word for it. I know very little about the srt4s and the power adder options available to them. I was just happy with my kill if for nothing more than to shut him up. It is, though, an SRT4. Of that I'm sure

Last edited:

Datswhatshesaid

Established Member
i highly doubt it was twin like the others said. prob stock turbo with boost turned up. no way a match for a termi on the street esp from a low roll or dig so nice kill none the less. i had a 412whp big turbo srt and it was a blast. i ran a best of 7.39 at 96 in the 1/8 mile. hated it being fwd tho. spinning to 100 on street tires wasnt fun lol. id love to have the power of that car in my 98cobra.

LantzRC

Whatis that whine?
Established Member
Much appreciated! looking forward to putting some more impressive kills under my belt..unfortunately mostly fart-cannoned civics and some stock GT's creepin around here.

Fooln Ya

Established Member
Nice kill! Just like anything else, they can be made quick for relatively cheap. Buddy of mine has gone 'only' 11.8's, but trapping 123mph.. And that was on low 21psi. He's running 29 now.

Dont know my point really, just that they cant all be underestimated. But most of the ones you will run across, shouldn't be a problem for the termi! :D

navyma2

Established Member
I would have done that the first time he opened his mouth. And then gone back and laughed at him after. Good job though

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Yes steer clear of that wendy's my man. Nice kill. Douche bags dont take losses nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread