PoorBoy's Black Hole Glaze - Application?

Got Boost?

Established Member
im currently re-painting my black 5.0. after we color sand the car, my father will be rubbing it out with this stuff called liquid ice by Norton. it is a one compound three pad polish that we use with a rotary buffer. im considering putting the black hole glaze on top of the polish after we rub it out. i do not own a PC, and i think the rotary will be too aggressive (cant control RPM) so i will probably do the glaze by hand. will it still net the same benefits as it would applied by machine?

by the way heres what the Liquid Ice does to color sanded paint:

DSC0008.jpg

DSC00021.jpg

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Liquid Ice reminds of System One - a one polish that is pad dependent

As far as Black Hole, you can apply it by hand, with a rotary you need a finishing pad and slow speed

Got Boost?

Established Member
Liquid Ice reminds of System One - a one polish that is pad dependent

As far as Black Hole, you can apply it by hand, with a rotary you need a finishing pad and slow speed

what im getting at is, is it worth my time/effort if it is applied by hand?

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
what im getting at is, is it worth my time/effort if it is applied by hand?

Yes.

Just apply sparingly and rub it in like a lotion. Buff off shortly after finishing the panel.

On very freshly painted; properly-polished paint like that the difference won't be as shockingly noticeable but it will just add to the "glow" a little.

I would NOT apply it with a rotary if you can't slow it down. Norton ICE is a great system :beer:

Looks like a unique hood there; blend of 98 Cobra nostrils on a Fox...I like it!

Got Boost?

Established Member
Yes.

Just apply sparingly and rub it in like a lotion. Buff off shortly after finishing the panel.

On very freshly painted; properly-polished paint like that the difference won't be as shockingly noticeable but it will just add to the "glow" a little.

I would NOT apply it with a rotary if you can't slow it down. Norton ICE is a great system :beer:

Looks like a unique hood there; blend of 98 Cobra nostrils on a Fox...I like it!

its actually a lightning hood he painted for a friend. painted the exact same color as my fox though - so its what i use as an example as the fox doesnt have color on it yet.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Totally missed that back edge of the hood being swept back instead of square-cut...haha; guess that won't fit a Fox now will it...

Show us the Fox when finished!

Got Boost?

Established Member
Totally missed that back edge of the hood being swept back instead of square-cut...haha; guess that won't fit a Fox now will it...

Show us the Fox when finished!

definitely. me and my father will be doing a huge photoshoot once its done (hes got a DSG '03 cobra). so you'll see plenty of pics.

in the meantime, if you want to keep up with the progress - heres a link to my refinishing thread:

http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1041313

Users who are viewing this thread