poorboys step by step

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
I went ahead and got the pc and im getting a pad set from smp (when it is back in stock). ive decided to use poorboys products on my car, and i want to know the best products to use , and in what order, and with which pad.
so far ive ascertained that i should use the SSR2.5 1st with a polishing pad, other than that im kinda lost :shrug: . there are so many diffrent polishes and sealants.
also... is it worth using the nattys blue paste, over the regular natty's? it says its better for dark cars, but my car is red--- kinda in-between light and dark.
can somebody please devise a program for me to use, knowing the color of my car and such?

spree

Established Member
What do you own so far? I'd go with the following:

Poorboy's SSR2.5 or Optimum Polish with a Polishing Pad
Poorboy's Polish with Carnauba Blue with a Finishing Pad
Poorboy's EX by hand or with a Finishing Pad
Poorboy's Natty's Blue by hand

SVECobraR

Established Member
Hey spree why wouldn't you do:

SSR2.5 with Light Cutting Pad
SSR1 or PPwC with Polishing Pad
Ex with Finsihing pad
Natty's Blue by hand

I've seen alot of people using finishing pads with optimum polish over on autopia and some of these other products, i usually use it with my polishing pads or at least a LC red finishing and not a final finessing.

trance_in_miami

Established Member
'' 96redVette'' You will need to use a Light Cutting pad. A polishing pad will not have the effect of a cutting pad. Which means that if you want ssr 2.5 to work i would use the 2.5.. With light cutting pad. Followed by poorboy's polish /Carnauba Blue with ( White Polishing pad) & Then The natty's Blue
(By hand). SSR 2.5 has a quick work time, the diminishing Abrasives break fast with SSR 2.5 which is why I love it with the PC. If you had a rotary i would then recommend the Optimum With White polishing pad because it has an infinite work time. You Will Love the Natty’s Blue & especially on your Vette. Just make sure you clay your car well PREP is KEY ! I cannot stress this enough. :coolman:

spree

Established Member
SVECobraR said:
Hey spree why wouldn't you do:

SSR2.5 with Light Cutting Pad
SSR1 or PPwC with Polishing Pad
Ex with Finsihing pad
Natty's Blue by hand

You can do that too.

SVECobraR said:
I've seen alot of people using finishing pads with optimum polish over on autopia and some of these other products, i usually use it with my polishing pads or at least a LC red finishing and not a final finessing.

Optimum Polish reacts to your pad choice. You can use a finishing pad if you have very light swirling, a polishing pad for light to moderate swirling, and a cutting pad for moderate to heavy swirling.

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
thanks for the tips guys!!!! you guys rock :rockon:

should i also use a sealant? if so, which one? the ex, or the ex-p? and which step should it be? im guessing after i polish, but before i wax.

Last edited:

trance_in_miami

Established Member
96redvette said:
thanks for the tips guys!!!! you guys rock :rockon:

should i also use a sealant? if so, which one? the ex, or the ex-p? and which step should it be? im guessing after i polish, but before i wax.

if you want a wet look stick to EX if you want about 3 months protection apply EX-P & buff off 30 minutes latter then wait 1 hour to apply another layer & buff off 30-60 minutes latter & then wait for it to cure 12 hours* This process gave me 3.5 months. :bored: Im sure other have different methods. :read: but both EX & EX-P are durable sealants. I have yet to try 4* UPP Im still waiting for the Body shop to fix my car. :p

SVECobraR

Established Member
are you looking for protection while its in storage or a good looking wax. I use collinite for my winter setup, that thing beads like crazy.

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
well, i dont ever really store it. i just mabye wont drive it for a week or two if there is salt on the roads, but i think people who store their vettes in the winter are pansies.
anyways back to the point.... i want the best looking finish that i can get dooing it myself (with a little help from the pc and you guys :) )

trance_in_miami

Established Member
96redvette said:
do you still wax it after you use the sealant to give it more gloss? or is that a waste of time?

yeah. I feel the Wax is essential to the finish IMO. You can just leave it with a selant, a sealant gives an awesome reflection but the Carnauba ads that WET look than I just love. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread