poorman's COG

lightning_2001

Established Member
th_Video_060707_001.jpg

my buddy's alternator got messed up so he put a new one on and it sounds like its cog'd.anyone know why its making that sound?

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
I beleive that will subside once the newness of the armeture brushes? I think that is what they are called get the newness taken off of them....

lightning_2001

Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
Because he bought it at Autozone???
Derek@Amazon said:
pepboys get it right
god you guys are way off!it was advanced auto parts..
nah i really dont know where he got it from but he took it back and got a another one and it stopped.

SADF

Established Member
They all suck Pep Boys, Napa, Oh, Oh, Oh Reileys, "Get in the Zone", "Where Ready At Advance", and Ive worked for two of em and still work for the Zone and absolutely hate it. Glad I get my degree in business this summer and can leave that place. The only thing I buy from AutoZone is Oil and I don't even get a discount on oils (oh yeah, my Carbon Mettalic pads too). If I have to buy any stock parts I will order it from Ford. I will give Napa credit, they do tend to sell quality parts that are close to the factory stuff. I don't like some of the peeps who work at them (they are franchised as most of you know) and I don't care for a dress code that involves jeans and reeboks I have seen Def Leppard fans where... same for Oreileys

hardcore35th

Established Member
lightning_2001 said:
god you guys are way off!it was advanced auto parts..
nah i really dont know where he got it from but he took it back and got a another one and it stopped.
Order of aftermarket auto parts store quality.

Napa
O'Reilleys
Pep Boys
Vato Zone
Advance (stays at bottom)

Anyone feel free to jump in and edit.:beer:

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
but advanced has such shiny floors, lol. only thing i like about autozone is the occasional tool rental.

Users who are viewing this thread