Pop/tink... Dealer couldn't verify, not fixed

Surfnerv89

Fast?... Kinda
Established Member
I took my car in for the tink, and gave them a printout of all the posts and how people got it fixed, and how it was a serious problem. They couldn't verify the noise, so they couldn't fix it. They called ford, and ford said that was not a known fix for any known problem, and that some amount of "clunking" was normal. I told them I knew that, and this wasn't the clunk. I said I would drive it, because I can make it tink everytime. They told me to come back june 15th, when a Ford rep is going to be there, and I can take him for a road test. Maybe after I take him. He'll acknowledge the problem, and make a permanant fix for everyone suffering with it. My tink/pop is getting very bad. I here it two or three times sometimes, and I also here it when I downshift to second or third, and upshifting into those gears too.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
In their lot, put it in first and then reverse. Drive back and forth about twenty feet. That should make it pop/tink enough for them to hear. Good luck! Let us know what happens.

WHPSVT03

Horsepower Enthusiast
Established Member
I've got that same noise and it happens when starting in first and does it about every time. Took it to the dealer and they could not locate the problem so they said they could not fix it. Handed me some Ford document explaining tip and clunk and said it was normal. What a drag!

Surfnerv89

Fast?... Kinda
Established Member
I went to a different dealer, and they couldn't hear it. So I went to drive it, and I did it right away. It tinked very loud, multiple times. I told the guy what it probably was, and he said that there's no way it could be that. I told him to take off the hubs, and look anyway, and he said he would. Will he though? I hope.

orange2004cobra

Established Member
My dealer says all these problems are "normal". and says "afterall, they are just mustangs".
Unfortunately, most mustang owners feel the same way..
I posted a question as to why we continue to buy/own a 35,000 dollar mustang with so many problems..
People got very defensive..
I guess alot of owners dont realize ther is a diff. between horsepower and quality..
L.

Users who are viewing this thread