Popping In The Front End After Installing Eibach Pro Kit

gizz8699

Established Member
I have a 2008 Gt 500 with 3000 miles and I have Jlt stage 2 ,Steeda upper and lower control arms,kooks lt headers/catted x,Pro kit springs and has been popping in front every since i had the springs installed. I have had the car to 2 different dealers and no one can tell me what the sound is or where it is coming from. They checked the springs to see if they were lined up correct and they said they were. Checked the front end and said they could not find anything wrong.Has anyone had this problem or is it just me. Can any one give any suggestions?

Leonard 95

Established Member
Basically only could be a few things. Springs not lined up, stabalizer link loose or the strut plate. Thats basically all that you take loose when doing springs.

91svtbird

Established Member
Do you still have the stock upper spring mounts ? They can cause the poping you are experencing.

Leonard 95

Established Member
Is it popping when just turning or popping going over big/small bumps. Does it pop when rocking vehicle side to side? Need some more info..

gizz8699

Established Member
Leonard it pops on big/small bumps turning or going straight,not sure about pushing on the car. Thanks for any help

91svtbird

Established Member

Leonard 95

Established Member
have someone rock the car side to side while your holding onto the stabalizer link up front, see if you can feel the knocking in the link. Strut mounts shouldn't make noise when going straight. Sure sounds like your describing a stabalizer link to me.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Did they reuse the lower spring isolators from the stock springs? :shrug:

chuckstang

Established Member
no that is one thing I never had, the front of my car is noise free, the rear not so much haha

I was told by my Ford dealer that they loved installing the steeda mounts though and alignment was dead on perfect with them in

gizz8699

Established Member
Well we rocked the car backward and forward and doesn't pop but my friend walked beside the car while it was moving slow and the popping seems to be on the drivers side only.

6-Speed

Established Member
Did you try moving/tugging on the suspension while the car was on a lift?

Last edited:

gizz8699

Established Member
Never made it to a lift yet. will be on one tommorrow while the corsa mufflers are being installed. I will tug on the suspension then. Thanks for any help

gizz8699

Established Member
Well got the steeda upper mounts in and front end realigned and the popping is still there. pulled on everything underneath and heard nothing. Believe it or not it is also popping in rear now also

apg2369

SNAKE OF ALL TRADES
Established Member
Well got the steeda upper mounts in and front end realigned and the popping is still there. pulled on everything underneath and heard nothing. Believe it or not it is also popping in rear now also

My 07 is doing the same thing !!.. I just put the Steeda mounts on and I'm having a faint popping sound on the drive side !

I put new sway bar end link nuts on ! and use red locktite on all four of them...Torque spec is 89 ft pounds very tight for the end link nuts... if they are not that tight... you will still get the clunk or popping that you are hearing!

Its so hard to get a torqe wrench in there ! I used a impact gun and a torque stick to about 100 ft pounds !

PROBLEM ALL GONE NOW ! :beer:

gizz8699

Established Member
Torqued endlinks to spec today . Bump stops were cut down in back and removed in the front. Popping gone in the rear still popping on driver side front. Noone can figure this out. Have been working on it for the past 2 days.

KG/Eleanor

Established Member
Eibach

Has anyone resolved this problem yet mine is making the same noise coming from the front driver side? I hear it clearly when turning at very low speeds. I also have the Eibach springs.

I was considering getting Eibach Shocks/struts but I may end up putting the stock springs back on in the front.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread