Porsche 911 4S v. Slowbra

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
This took place just outside of Vegas in Nye county while I was asleep on the couch.

My dad and I were leaving a car enthusiast's gathering and came across a new 911 4S getting onto the freeway (nice long two-laner on ramp).

I started out behind as we entered the on ramp turn; after the turn it broke into two lanes. Pretty clear from the get-go he wanted to play -which worked out perfectly with my intent of ruining the rest of his day.

The 4.10s/345DRs and 20 pounds of leaded Whipple fury resulted in...mission accomplished.

I'm sure he gets WAY more vagina though.

arodsvt

C Quema
Established Member
This took place just outside of Vegas in Nye county while I was asleep on the couch.

My dad and I were leaving a car enthusiast's gathering and came across a new 911 4S getting onto the freeway (nice long two-laner on ramp).

I started out behind as we entered the on ramp turn; after the turn it broke into two lanes. Pretty clear from the get-go he wanted to play -which worked out perfectly with my intent of ruining the rest of his day.

The 4.10s/345DRs and 20 pounds of leaded Whipple fury resulted in...mission accomplished.

i love ur story, only one problem............................the ending even though i dont like it, i have to admit its true more vag his way all day every day..............................:bored:

p.s. u did ruin his day, week, and probebly the month to 2months...so at least now u have his full attention and will never try anything stupid around u.....good job bro.....what did u dyno at and ur mods please. and fuel u were running at time of race. thanks

Last edited:

SpdPilot

Established Member
I don't think you ruined his day at all. Despite what everyone thinks, Porsche owners have a lot more respect for Cobra's then you might think and although they may not like it, they understand that there are a few running around that will beat them. They might think about your win for 5 minutes, until the next playmate slides in next to them and she could care less about a "mustang". Which is exactly 50% percent of the reasons they are purchased to begin with. Then when he thinks of the handling ability of a Cobra vs. his Porsche, he is reminded of the other 50% of why he bought it.

Our reasons for owning Cobra's not understood by Porsche owners. I am at an age and point in life where some of my friends have them. They can't figure out why I still own a "young persons car". They don't understand why i like the noise or have an "old" car and not a new one. I just simply tell them that, I don't think that Porsche is going to somehow over come your bald head, big fat belly, and lack of athletic ability. You are better off just spending the money for hookers and drive a Cobra.

Digital

Established Member
I agree with Spdplt about people ruining others day over racing. Honestly if a civic beat you it would possibly annoy you for a day?
That's because you're into cars. Most people with really high end cars know very little about cars.

Going back to my original comment a 4S is just slightly more powerful then a STI or EVO, 3250 and 355 awhp? That's going to make it just about as fast as a stock cobra, possibly a wee bit faster.

They arent "slow" in the grand scheme of things but for this forums kills section they are pretty slow.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
Then when he thinks of the handling ability of a Cobra vs. his Porsche, he is reminded of the other 50% of why he bought it.

[\QUOTE]

well.. having raced a newer 911 Turbo on a twisty mountain road.. I was right on his ass till he let off the throttle and it started to get away from him.. he really REALLY backed off after that.. (40 mph on a 45 mph posted corner)

so.. in good hands, can a Porsche take our cars, yes.. in bad hands... NOPE!!!

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member

Was it you that I saw at Cars & Coffee a couple weeks ago? You and your pops in the oxford white Terminator?

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I agree with Spdplt about people ruining others day over racing. Honestly if a civic beat you it would possibly annoy you for a day?
That's because you're into cars. Most people with really high end cars know very little about cars.

Going back to my original comment a 4S is just slightly more powerful then a STI or EVO, 3250 and 355 awhp? That's going to make it just about as fast as a stock cobra, possibly a wee bit faster.

They arent "slow" in the grand scheme of things but for this forums kills section they are pretty slow.

Good Post. :rockon:

I've been waiting to get a good run in against a guy that lives around here...(its not the 4s model though... its a 911 Carerra S)... and on this forum I am definately slow. :beer:

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
lol how bad did you get him?
Complete and utter annihilation.

Not for nothing but the 4S is slow.
Pick on 911s or better for real fun.

Yes, I much prefer modified 911 turbos from a light but I had to play with what was there :)

Was it you that I saw at Cars & Coffee a couple weeks ago? You and your pops in the oxford white Terminator?

Hey Ricky.

As for ruining his day; joking for the most part...I bring out the colt for that:evil:. Not too worried about his day....it's just for fun anyway :burnout:

Thanks for the comments guys :beer:

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
345 DR's I wanna see

They aren't pretty but do the job when you're at a light next to an AWD 911 turbo.
img_2505844.jpg

res0n0xg

Established Member
I wouldn't say that so much. A 997 Turbo can run 11's easily. Yes a whippled cobra should run in the 10's but either way the turbo versions are fast cars.

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
I wouldn't say that so much. A 997 Turbo can run 11's easily. Yes a whippled cobra should run in the 10's but either way the turbo versions are fast cars.

Never said they weren't fast. I want one.

I've run into 3 of them and came out between 2-5 cars ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread