Porsche 919 Evo obliterates Nürburgring record with 5:19 run

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Holy mackerel! Go here to see, and be sure to watch the video in full-screen mode with lots of volume! Porsche 919 Evo obliterates Nürburgring record with 5:19 run

From that article: "It's official. Porsche's 919 Evo with Timo Bernhard behind the wheel clocked an unbelievable 5:19.55 lap time at the Nürburgring on Friday, completely destroying the previous all-time record of 6:11.13 set by Stefan Bellof in a Porsche 956 C back in 1983. His average speed around the Green Hell was an insane 145.3 mph."

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
It's sort of funny because there was an article circulating for a while saying the last record would never be beat, and they were right... because it got demolished.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Wow, that... that's insanity right there! Congrats Porsche, sounds like they have built a certified monster!

Blown 89

Established Member
FYI, that's an unrestricted race car that they're taking around the world and resetting track records with. I hope this results in an all out war with other race teams.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
FYI, that's an unrestricted race car that they're taking around the world and resetting track records with. I hope this results in an all out war with other race teams.
A damn shame that restricted and race car could ever be uttered in the same sentence... bravo Porsche.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I wonder how an unrestricted F1 car would do?

Redbull F1, I know you love to show off around the world, take down Porsches lap time!!!

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
365km is 226mph. He was knocking on 230mph on the main straight and hitting 220 on some of those high speed sections.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
sniffle

Pretty sick idea. I'm a huge F1 nut but without restrictions and the aero of a bull body close wheel car... would love to see the battle. Let's go Redbull, just let Ricciardo drive!

Users who are viewing this thread