Porsche Cayenne Turbo punks out

BlackDrop50

No traction til 3rd....
Established Member
I was driving my hatchback this nice sunny morning, along with a friend, towards my house. I was sitting at the red light, a car pulls up, and my friend says, "Hey look a porsche SUV". I look over and see the big bright red brake calipers, and say it's probably a turbo.

Right when I said it, the the light turned green and the guy punched it all the way. This big SUV thing lept off the line and I heard the turbo whine loudly. I snapped out of my daze and quickly went half throttle to avoid spinning, snapped through 1st and 2nd and caught up in a hurry. As soon as I pulled up next to him, he lets off the gas. I paced him for 10 seconds, then hit the gas to let him know I wasn't the average 5.0. I hit the brakes to let him catch up but as soon as I did that he did too so he wouldn't come up next to me. Even my friend thought the guy was a pussy. The truck still had paper plates on it.

Stupid guy had his window up, didn't hear my car and probably thought he would pick on an old mustang. When I showed him I'm more bite than bark he got scared and didn't want to be embarassed by losing! I'm sure if I just paid 90 thousand I wouldn't want to get beat by an old mustang.

Just when I thought I could find something that was actually worth racing....

OrgasmicSVT

Established Member
Ummm don't really think you can call him a pussy for not running you. He was just out in his 90,000 SUV chillin.
driveway.JPG

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
OrgasmicSVT said:
Ummm don't really think you can call him a pussy for not running you. He was just out in his 90,000 SUV chillin.
driveway.JPG

Yeah, that's why he punched it off the line then let up when he knew his ass was about to get slayed and kept back. Fawkin' ricer in a 90K vehicle.

What have you done to the LX?

Last edited:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
lemosley01 said:
Yeah, that's why he punched it off the line then let up when he knew his ass was about to get slayed and kept back. Fawkin' ricer in a 90K vehicle.

Maybe he wasn't trying to race. You can't tell me that there aren't people who just come off the line really fast when they're driving every day. One of the people who get to the speed limit really fast then drive normal. I don't think he was trying to show off, I think you were and the guy just didn't want to race.

gyacopetti

Super Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Was this a black one with a middle eastern guy driving it? I've seen this guy a few times on 24. I paced him in my f-150 one day (I was bored) and right after the culdacot tunnel he punched it, I didnt and he was gone. Those things are FAST.

PARALYZER

Unatural Aspirations
Established Member
I agree with you dude, He saw you coming and got out of it. AWD DSM's and Syclone guys did that all the time at the local cruising spot. So I quit racing them unless it was at the track. Then they can't get out of it and claim the win.

rezcobra

Established Member
Cammed01C5 said:
Why would you want to race an SUV in the first place? Even if it is a Porsche.

Probably for the same reasons people race pickup trucks, ie the Lightning!!

BlackDrop50

No traction til 3rd....
Established Member
This guy was deifinately trying to race me, why else would he punch it so much that his turbo whined LOUDLY and he lept off the line by maybe 2-3 cars?

Those guys seem like they have something to prove, because everytime I encounter a turbo in either of my cars, they try to punch it on me, like they're thinking, stupid little mustang. One guy wouldn't even let me merge in and tried to crash me into the wall! I tried to beat his ass but he ran away.

It was an asian guy, I even saw him look over right away before he punched it. Basically this guy thought he would destroy me and I hardly ever run into anything thats even WORTH racing(400+ hp only). I don't go out looking for races all the time but he initiated it, then he punked out, plain and simple. People in high dollar cars usually do that.

Whizzle

Established Member
whats the big deal. the guy just shelled out 90k for an suv, i repeat suv, and you wanted to race him. im sorry but you should know that youre car was going to win so why did you waste the time/gas/tires to prove that to yourself.

BlackDrop50

No traction til 3rd....
Established Member
lemosley01 said:

Built motor, tranny and rearend. 390rwhp right now, should be about 420 after I get more air/fuel and a dynotune. Car runs 11.7, lookin for low 11s after I'm done, maybe 10s on slicks.

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
clean kill, so what he has a kickass SUV.
Any SUV that can pin you in your seat is all OK by me.
My friend's parents own one, and we took it up to whistler last season - what a car!

MikeW

Established Member
I rode in a buddies new Porsche Cayenne Turbo for the 1st time the other night. Man that is one sweet ride. I'd give my both my Cobras up for that and not give two shits about anyone tryin to whoop me in a run. I would run ya for the fun of it if it were mine, but you never know what the nice looking foxbodies have under the hood.The porsche is his wifes car, he drives a 01 Viper and has a fox saleen with a built 347 to play with..... Must be Nice

99GTvert

Established Member
rezcobra said:
Probably for the same reasons people race pickup trucks, ie the Lightning!!

Yeah some guy in a dodge pickup tried to race me the other day. Not the SRT10, not an r/t or even the hemi just an older dodge pickup with euro tails. I think why he did it was because I was driving up to my friend's skatepark and I was underneath a bridge and my mom came up next to me in her car and asked if I wanted to race. So I revved it up just to mess with her and it was fawkin loud. I have an SLP loudmouth catback and I was under a bridge in traffic. So I drive along and am coming up to a stopsign and there is this ghetto ass (I was by Randall Park Mall for anyone in Cleveland :) ) Dodge pickup that was lowered and had euro tails is waiting for me. I was with my brother and he looks down at us and just takes off with one wheel spinning. I was planning on turning at this intersection but instead I take of after him and pass him by the time I am halfway through second and at the next stopsign he wouldnt even look at us.

FSSNK

Established Member
I guess my last reply didn't get posted due to someones idea of expletives. Watch out for the Cayennes. I rode in a modified one last year and man did that thing move.

MiMiK

Rollin the truck!
Established Member
I hate that SUV! everyone who buys it here in kuwait look for us SVT ligtnings and thing they can just toy around with us! Big mistake! ill tell you this though! THose things are extremley agile from a DIG! I mean they just JuMp!

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
Those are badass trucks man, I mean, they are something for sure.
I want one.

The original story makes it sound like he wasn't picking on you, like it was just someone in a new truck, excited over it, who wanted to try and flex it to see what it could do out of the box.
Kind of like buying a cobra, first stoplight you see if it's safe, you would get on it and see what it could do, right?

Users who are viewing this thread