Porsche Mexico Blue GTR

INNOVATE_1

Part-time Dream Crusher
Established Member
To those whoa re saying dip is only flat/matte are wrong..

These days you can make them pearl, satin, shiny and all of it at the same time. It will all depend on how much time you want to spend dipping or how much you want to pay someone to dip it for you..

Right on.

whats the average cost to have a pro plasti-dip a mustang sized car?

Too many variables. Like mentioned above, it all depends on how far you want to go with it. One thing is certain, the cost and down time are only a fraction of using vinyl.

Looks good!

Thanks!

Should be around $600-$700

I would agree that's an avg starting point.

JM, color looks sick! Need to catch up next time you're in my neck of the woods.

Hey buddy, Thanks! I'll definitely give you a shout. I'm thinking TX2K might be the earliest but if anything changes I'll let you know.

Personally.....I think it looks absolutely killer man. Different, and I like different in a sea of normalcy. Great taste IMO.

Thank you kind sir! That's exactly what my goal was with this approach/color.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
At first I was extremely impressed, but I have to admit that I lost a lot after seeing a nearly identical GT-R. Granted, there is definitely more blue in the other pic.. but it just shows that you basically did what someone else has already done. Obviously that happens all the time with other aspects, but it's not that impressive in that instance either.

INNOVATE_1

Part-time Dream Crusher
Established Member
What's the durability of it? How do you wash/take care of it? F the haters, be different!

Thanks, bud! It's supposed to last about 2 years but I intend to change it up again before then. Take care of it like any other car for the most part.

At first I was extremely impressed, but I have to admit that I lost a lot after seeing a nearly identical GT-R. Granted, there is definitely more blue in the other pic.. but it just shows that you basically did what someone else has already done. Obviously that happens all the time with other aspects, but it's not that impressive in that instance either.

Damn, are you saying I'm not the pioneer of dipping a car blue?!? Back to the drawing board.

Why is there only one after pic? Waiting to see more pics in sunlight and low light as well.

The porsche looks noice!

Thank you sir! Attaching below.

INNOVATE_1

Part-time Dream Crusher
Established Member
Weather finally cleared up and was able to snap a few with my GoPro.

fae67cd6da4be89326b8a2a51bea6d8c_zps821c5b4e.jpg

f10fbf441de93ef4ed8d5c8430137b9d_zps31f0d618.jpg

7f8ca173921580cf11257c6ee50a581c_zpsd0904363.jpg

9453D3FC-5D5E-43E3-87ED-9D590EF61858_zps8f7iwkug.jpg

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Finally got to see JM's car in person yesterday. It looks amazing! The dip has hardly any texture to it. Very minimal.

Here are a few pics I got with my phone. Pics are raw and unfiltered.

IMAG1202_zps31164474.jpg

IMAG1218_zps249c5cc8.jpg

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Look no different than my grabber blue lol. The problem with wraps or plati dip paint, is that similar colors are just that, they look the same regardless of what you call them. Matte and flat aren't my cup of tea, just look like a dull or unfinished paint jobs and make the car look worse 90% of the time. While it's cool for a color change up, it's wow factor isn't there compared to a brilliant paint job. If i was to get a wrap, i would do it for graphics, design, or something than just a matte or flat color change of a plasti dip paint job. just my opinion on them though. All that matters is your happy with the car and gets the attention you want.

Couldn't agree more. I like shiny paint.

People who like flat paint say they are being "different" or outside the box but this is quickly becoming the trend and no so "outside" that box any longer... gonna have to come up with something new pretty soon.

That said, I do like the interchangeability.

And to OP..... Its a GTR after all! You could strip all the paint off and take it to bare metal and i'd still rock it.

Sweet car.

Users who are viewing this thread