Port blower?

gtmustang003

Established Member
I plan on installing the billetflow 2.76 blower pulley with 4 piece idler set. Other mods are k&n fipk kit, o/r h, american thunder c/b, and soon as they are in stock the SCT excalibrator 2. Will I need to port the blower? And will my car still be a good every day driver?

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
It will be awsome as an everyday driver...and NO you don't haft to port the blower! You will love the feeling of the cobra pullied! And after you get used to it..then you will want to port the blower LOL!!

gtmustang003

Established Member
I was also wondering about the tune. I plan on having modulardepot program the excalibrator but I want the tune to be somewhat conservative. What air/fuel ratio would suit me best?

By the way thanks for the help.

ModsAway

Established Member
I stayed with stock plugs... They were 22's in my car = to TR6's

No surge, misfire, or idle issues with stock plugs.

Edit: Sorry I have 2.76 and 4 idlers as well. 445/453 SAE on a mustang dyno.

Last edited:

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
You MUST port the blower or you'll never make it to 500hp!!! :shrug:

J/k No, really the question isn't 'DO' you need to port the blower, the question is 'WHEN' will you port the blower. :pepper:

Good luck,
Enjoy
David

20cobra03

Cobra10th Anniv said:
You MUST port the blower or you'll never make it to 500hp!!! :shrug:

J/k No, really the question isn't 'DO' you need to port the blower, the question is 'WHEN' will you port the blower. :pepper:
ha ha thats so true

Fast Willy

Established Member
stangd1909 said:
It will be awsome as an everyday driver...and NO you don't haft to port the blower! You will love the feeling of the cobra pullied! And after you get used to it..then you will want to port the blower LOL!!

+1

gtmustang003

Established Member
Thanks for the help.

One more question: What is a good air/fuel ratio for a daily driver?

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
gtmustang003 said:
Thanks for the help.

One more question: What is a good air/fuel ratio for a daily driver?
Wouldn't go any higher than 11.8 in the upper rpm's :beer:

What should you do after you install your custom tune but find out the A/F ratio is off at the dyno? You have to get it re-tuned from your tuner and get it dynoed again? that'd be such a waste of money.

Cobra10th Anniv

Established Member
nikemason said:
What should you do after you install your custom tune but find out the A/F ratio is off at the dyno? You have to get it re-tuned from your tuner and get it dynoed again? that'd be such a waste of money.

Exactly, that's one reason why people recommend getting custom tuned on the dyno, if you think about it, it's actually much cheaper in the long run. Especially since every car is different the mail order tunes are not always spot on and require a lot of rework.... Rework = $$$. Go to Performance Dyno in Concord, NH, Pete will take care of you.

David

Users who are viewing this thread