Portable air compressors

Cobra1997111

Established Member
Any experience or recommendations? Looking for something smaller, under or around 200.00 well made and not to loud.

I’m looking at the Porter Cable c2002, Craftsman cmec6150, Bostich BTFP021012, Hitachi KNT50ab, Last but not least the Makita Mac700.

Thanks all!

Cobra1997111

Established Member
Yeah, I’ve read the Porter is a bit loud. It appears the Bostich is pretty quiet along with the Makita, that sob is kinda heavy though....

CV355

_
Established Member
The Husky upright 20/30ga units at Home Depot are decent. But damn are they loud. I hit that switch and run back inside to avoid the screams from the depths of hell that thing produces.

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
For some reason I can’t find that one online? They have the 70lb unit but not this one. Looks like the Ca Air one also.

That one is 67lbs and is also a rebranded CA Air tools. Its this: California Air Tools 4620AC Ultra Quiet and Oil-Free 2.0 Hp, 4.0 Gal. Aluminum Twin Tank Electric Portable Air Compress-4620AC - The Home Depot

I have that 70lbs one and I like it because it has wheels. I just posted that video for noise comparison. It's surprising how quiet it is if you're used to "normal" compressors.

Blown 89

Established Member
You can't beat the California air tools compressors for sound. I have a 1 gallon portable in my RV and daisy chain it to a 10 gallon tank at the race track. I showed up late to the track a few week's ago and ran it at 9pm with a guy sleeping in a tent 20 feet away and he never heard it. It's also good for running brad nailers and such in the house and other small projects

Users who are viewing this thread