Ported blower 03 Cobra vs Cammed c6 vette

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Not sure I'm getting your post but a TVS on a Cobra vs Vettd is a different price point I think. If that's what you meant.

you quoted the guy that posted the video (OP) and pointed at adding a TVS for an easy win. except the the OP is not the Cobra guy. OP is the vette guy.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
you quoted the guy that posted the video (OP) and pointed at adding a TVS for an easy win. except the the OP is not the Cobra guy. OP is the vette guy.
:rolleyes: my mistake... how's my grammar?

Assumptions made on the Cobra boards. Either way both side cars sound sweet and a good fight from the Cobra. I'd love some big NA power but that hasn't been Ford's kick.

Sorry to OP, didn't realize, shit is sweet. Cams only? No head work? Love a cammed Chuby, Chevys just get a different sound than a 4V. Wanna put butter on that popcorn, hard to beat (the sound at least). I get get it's subjective but I got heads, cams, compressions, still doesn't make Chevy noise at idel at least.

Love ported Cobras but the powerband is weird depending on the gearing compared to a built engine. Stock Heatons are heart breakers. Pull those first few cars then falls off. 4V deserve a better blower, but the tech wasn't there in those days. Not trying to make excuses but compared to modern blower swaps M112s are trash.

Last edited:

03snakeminated

Established Member
I would want to run a TVS cobra soon. Just to see how my Paxton 1500 blower Would stack up. [installing it
Hopefully next week]

03venum

Never enough HP
Established Member
I would want to run a TVS cobra soon. Just to see how my Paxton 1500 blower Would stack up. [installing it
Hopefully next week]

I have a 2.3 Whipple 03 at 18.5 psi and an LS2 cammed vette with the paxton 1500 at 8 psi. The vette is faster on the top end and will out MPH's my cobra but they are pretty close. Both are M6. The ECS 1500 kit has room to grow also if the restriction plate is taken out and meth injection added.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread