Ported blower question

CammedBarbieCar

Established Member
I have steig stage 6 with BAP and 80lb injectors running e85 with 577rwhp so its possible, 2.7 upper, lt's, cats, jlt, 12psi
I have cams with all the other supporting mods, longtubes, 60lbs injectors and blah blah. Car makes 490hp with only 8.8lbs of boost at the end of the curve. Going to go e85 over the winter. Just can't decide to get the eaton ported or not. Obviously better decision is to go bigger i know but honestly, id be happy if i got that eaton to produce 600hp

Sent from my SM-G930P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

bigmoose

Established Member
Steigs claims are crap. All his new ports are snake oil. The old "stage" 4 ports did well for an Eaton. His snake bite thing was a big POS. I had one on my last cobra, that was a mistake.

wckdvnm

Established Member
Only good thing he ever made was the m122 hybrid blower. There's one on the terminator parts market page on Facebook. I'd love to buy it and just replicate the spacer used but the guy wants $1,500 for the blower

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

04RFVert

Established Member
I wouldn't say his ports are snake oil or crap however I will say that my car made 50rwhp easily from his port for about $700. Seems like a good bit of hp for the money. He turned it around quickly also.

cj428mach

Established Member
Only good thing he ever made was the m122 hybrid blower. There's one on the terminator parts market page on Facebook. I'd love to buy it and just replicate the spacer used but the guy wants $1,500 for the blower

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Stieg use to sell a kit to do the conversion yourself, I don't know if he still does. The general consensus was that the hybrid doesn't work because the stock 112 case is the restriction.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Stieg use to sell a kit to do the conversion yourself, I don't know if he still does. The general consensus was that the hybrid doesn't work because the stock 112 case is the restriction.

Sums it up pretty well. I've only ever seen one (possibly 2) 600 rwhp Eatons with cams and I doubt it left the dyno with that timing. Honestly it seems no matter what you do the intake side of the case just doesn't move enough air for 600 rwhp. You can put bigger rotors in and spin it to the moon your still sucking through a straw.

I wanted to hit 600 rwhp with an Eaton on my new build but after paying for a built engine with more compression and cams I thought, I am I really going to put an Eaton (Posi/Dragon setup) on this thing? I ended up buying a TVS. I was thinking of putting the Eaton back on for a Dyno pull but after wrestling to get the EGR pipe on the TVS I think it's not worth the effort.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
I'd save for a ts or tvs. Even if you get real close to the 600hp mark you're after it will be good for a sheet of paper that says it can do it because after it gets hot it will drop dramatically.
I own a steg blower, it's cool but it makes so much heat. There was a 28hp difference from an iced ic system to a hot ic system. My .02

Users who are viewing this thread