Ported Eaton/Nitrous users inside.

Mad Max

Mod Crazy
Established Member
Thinking of adding a nitrous shot to my Terminator. Just wondering what system/shot you are using and what numbers you ended up with.

YGETV8

Established Member
Stage IV, 2.8", 2#, Dynotune kit w/ 100 HP post MAF dry shot. Never been to a dyno, but I can tell you it's a BLAST! I am currently looking at new clutches for some reason... hmmmm.

04cobracop

Established Member
I have Steg IV 2.93/4lb with all supporting mods with the Dynotune nitrous dry kit. I spray a pre-maf 50shot and made 54rwhp and 101rwtq on a Mustang Dyno. I would never spray nitrous without checking my A/F on a dyno, but that's just me!!!!!

mlambrecht

Established Member
04cobracop said:
I have Steg IV 2.93/4lb with all supporting mods with the Dynotune nitrous dry kit. I spray a pre-maf 50shot and made 54rwhp and 101rwtq on a Mustang Dyno. I would never spray nitrous without checking my A/F on a dyno, but that's just me!!!!!
This guy is right about checking the a/f. It is also a very good idea to pull timing. Although I have gotten away with running with out pulling timing on a 50 shot it is still better safe than sorry. I would never run a dry shot post maf with out a seperate tune..period. I am running a 70 shot pre maf with a 2 custom tunes and my et went from 12.3 to 11.4 and the clutch is going bye bye now.:shrug:

Mad Max

Mod Crazy
Established Member
So what chip do you guys with 2 tunes run so you can switch? I just have a Diablo hand held unit?

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
Went from 505rwhp and 515rwtq to 572rwhp and 681rwtq w/ a dry 60 shot post MAF. I'm gonna step it up to a 150 here sometime soon though, and see what kind of numbers that'll put down. My Spec stage 3 clutch is holding the torque just fine. I've got the separate tune on a SCT flip switch in my glove box. When I'm on the juice I only run 18 degrees of total timing, and I run 100 octane in my car every time I spray it just to be safe. Better safe than sorry.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Just curious as to how many of you are still running the IRS with all that torque. There is a lot of talk about what HP level the IRS can stand up to, but I think the questions should be what RWTQ level the thing can handle. HP is not the problem.
With nitrous being the "instant hit" that it is, I'm worried that the half shafts would not be able to take the instant shock. I have NO INTEREST in swapping to a live axle as I love the IRS, but I do have a lot of interest in a 50 shot to add to my Stage 4 and 2.93.

YGETV8

Established Member
Yes, post MAF is between the Mass Air Flow sensor and the throttle body. Absolutely need a tune for this. Pre-MAF has decent results up to about a 50 shot, but I hear it can get a little "iffy" going bigger. I'd at least knock a little timing out if I were doing that.

I am still running the IRS, but only go to the track a couple times a year and run on Nittos year round, which are far from the most aggressive tire out there.

A local buddy of mine has all my mods plus some, and has run as much as a 225 wet shot with 28" ET streets. He is still on the stock halfshafts! not saying all will have that luck, but he has!

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
You can have all the torque in the world and be fine w/ the stock half shafts - AS LONG AS you get out of it if the car starts to wheel hop. My car usually spins when the nitrous hits, but it doesn't hop.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I would think that a good hooking car + 100 instant foot pounds of torque = broken half shaft. That's the basic premise when running an 8.8 (which I have a lot more experience with) also so I just figured the IRS would be the same way.
I guess with a set of Nitto drags, I'm not gonna have to worry about hooking that good :lol:

RJM03Cobra

10 second snake
Established Member
I still run the IRS, but with level 5 axles, all the bushings changed, braced, a detroit locker, 4;10 gears, sub frames, roll bar, car launches great, over 100 passes this year on 28 inch ET streets, 80 shot dry pre maf netted about 65 rwhp on a conservative dyno and tune and over 600 torque. Still running my stock T 56 with a 26 spline input shaft, works great, races 8 passes every Friday.

RJM03Cobra

10 second snake
Established Member
I think I pretty much maxed out the Eaton set up, it makes 17 pounds of boost, and gets very hot after a few passes, even with the vortech icebox, I am not sure what upper and lowers are on it right now we changed it alot, and I dont know-car runs 11.37 @ 125 at a slow track, there are other tracks that are 2-3 tenths quicker, but Beaver Springs runs a fun Friday night street competition. I really need a twin screw bad!! IRS works great though car has launched a 1.59 60 foot and picks up the front wheels a bit.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Car sounds awesome man. You need to get that thing down to Atco, I don't think you'll have a problem hitting high 10's on a sticky, low altitude track like that.

RJM03Cobra

10 second snake
Established Member
yeah, I will have to take it somewhere and try for a 10 sec slip, Atco, Englishtown, Maple grove, will do this year I hope.

danny03cobra

Established Member
Hey guys, maibe you can help me.

my cobra is pushing 500rwhp and i dont know if i should put a 50 wet shot or just upgrade to a whipple???

i will gain more from the juice right?

Users who are viewing this thread