Ported M122 and Elbow....

Gojira

Established Member
What is this blower off of? A terminator?

If it came off a GT500 its a H122 not a M122.

Last edited:

Bulldoser93

Established Member
So every GT500 owner that takes their Blower off and lists it for sale as a M122 is wrong, in the fact that its not a M122?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
So every GT500 owner that takes their Blower off and lists it for sale as a M122 is wrong, in the fact that its not a M122?
Well, not exactly. The 2007-2012 GT500 Eaton superchargers are technically designated as H122. The "H" stands for Hybrid as this supercharger has some different design configurations than the other Eaton offerings in this class.

However, this H122 supercharger is considered part of their "M" series line (3 lobe), and thus it is often referred to as the M122. Either way is generally considered correct. About 98% of all folks use the M122 designation.

Sorry for the thread jack Jrock!! Good luck with sale. I didn't even realize that Johnny was porting these.

Last edited:

Bulldoser93

Established Member
Thats what I thought.

So no offense to Gojira, but he needs to chill out with going around to everyones post, telling them they are saying the wrong stuff. When it doesnt really matter

But hey, Lots of free bumps for Jrock

Gojira

Established Member

Yes it's wrong. It's an H122 not an M122. Just because its a 3 lobe doesn't make it part of the M series. 98% of the people call it an M122 because 98% of the people don't know any better. They have never even heard the moniker H122, nor do they know the rotors are a hybrid design. What has happened is that people were calling it an M122 from when the 07 was first released, its an error that has now become the norm. Just because 98% of the people consider it (due to their ignorance) an M122 doesn't make it an M122. You can call it an M122 all you want, it doesn't make it so.

Last edited:

Gojira

Established Member
Thats what I thought.

So no offense to Gojira, but he needs to chill out with going around to everyones post, telling them they are saying the wrong stuff. When it doesnt really matter

Oh you knew it was an H122 before my post? If thats what you thought then why'd you ask. Don't be mad bro!

Gojira

Established Member
Gotta love these free bumps!!!

Heck yea!!!

Thats what I thought.

So no offense to Bulldoser93 but I thought this was a forum to share ideas and knowledge. Maybe for YOU it doesn't really matter and you like using the wrong terminology for things. But I know if I was walking around calling it an M122 and someone corrected me I'd be thankful. But if not knowing what the actual factory parts are called, then have at it keep calling it an M122. My post was for people that are actually open to learning new things so that when they're talking to people at car shows, the drag strip or forum boards etc, they don't sound stupid when they don't even know what kind of blower they have on their car :beer:

BTW I just got off the phone with EATON superchargers dept.
They pulled up the engineering sheets the H122 is NOT considered part of the M series line.

Another free bump for Jrock and his ported H122 blower

Last edited:

Bulldoser93

Established Member
Im all about learning something new. You learn something new everyday. I myself looked some stuff up. And you are right.
I just went along with what everyone(which I normally dont do) else had been calling it.

Sending you a PM

Gojira

Established Member
Im all about learning something new. You learn something new everyday. I myself looked some stuff up. And you are right.
I just went along with what everyone(which I normally dont do) else had been calling it.

Sending you a PM

I've been guilty myself of following the herd sometimes. I got your PM.

04Mach1Blurr

1st GT500 M122 Eaton Mach
Established Member
Thanks. Also are you just selling the blower only or do you have a plenum and throttle body? I'm in no dire rush, but getting ready to start piecing together my next upgrade

Users who are viewing this thread