Ported S/C question

ur115

Established Member
So a guy on CL is selling a ported stock s/c and throttle body for $800. I was wondering if that was worth it? I haven't looked to see what it would cost to get mine done. I guess he blew his motor and then sold the truck as is. He said he was making 450 hp. That's pretty much all I know. Any input will help.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
800 for a ported M112...hell no I wouldn't pay that. The one I'm selling is ported, silencer holes filled, rotors stripped, new coupler , powdercoated the color coal and the matching plenum ported/powdercoated for $450 shipped. There's Steggy....pass. Then POSI use to port and did great work but he's not porting no more. There are others on here that might range 300-450 just for porting your SC. With mods and 8lb lower, I did make 451rwhp.

But 800, no. It might be a snake bite or even if it was a posi unit, I wouldn't.

TheRebel

Established Member
800 for a ported M112...hell no I wouldn't pay that. The one I'm selling is ported, silencer holes filled, rotors stripped, new coupler , powdercoated the color coal and the matching plenum ported/powdercoated for $450 shipped. There's Steggy....pass. Then POSI use to port and did great work but he's not porting no more. There are others on here that might range 300-450 just for porting your SC. With mods and 8lb lower, I did make 451rwhp.

But 800, no. It might be a snake bite or even if it was a posi unit, I wouldn't.

$450 is a good price. I paid that to get my blower, plenum, and TB ported along with the silencer holes filled and rotors stripped. Wish you had had yours for sale before I sent mine off. OP should jump on yours. I'm almost interested just to have another blower in case something goes wrong with mine.

ur115

Established Member

Thanks for the info. Can you email me some pictures of yours. I'm very interested in it. [email protected] thanks

Users who are viewing this thread