porter cable polishers

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
what is the diffrence between the 7424 and the 7336sp? the specs on the website seem to be the same and they look the same. can you use both on a car?

whitecobra98

Established Member
The difference I believe is in the counterweights they give u. 5 inch pad or 6 inch. The machine itself is the same.

Scott P

Established Member
96redvette said:
what is the diffrence between the 7424 and the 7336sp? the specs on the website seem to be the same and they look the same. can you use both on a car?

Same machine. The 7424 is weighted for a 5 inch backing plate. The 7336SP comes set-up for a 6 inch backing plate. It also comes with a 6 peel and stick backing plate for sanding, some sandpaper and a foam pad permanently mounted to a backing plate. The pad is worthless except maybe for window polishing. :)

96redvette

god my car is slow
Established Member
well i went ahead and got the 7336 (just because it was what they had at lowes by my house) and i cant wait to try it. the one thing that troubles me is about the pads... there are 5" and 6 1/2" pads, and a 5" "hook and loop" (velcro) backing plate and a 6" backing plate. do you use the 6 1/2" pads on the 6" backing plate? i want to order the pads and stuff soon, so id like to know the best combination (or kit) for me... a beginner. i think im gonna use poorboys polish and clearkote wax like Spree did in his exterior detailing guide. i was also wondering if you still have to clay bar the car even if you are going to use the SSR1 on the whole car, and SSR2.5 on areas that still have swirls. it seems kind of redundant to get the contaminents off your car then throw an abrasive on it right after... is it because those contaminents that the clay removes will get ground in by the polish and make swirls worse?
anyways thanks for all your help. this section has become a real inspiration for me to go and detail my car the right way, and give it the attention it deserves. its amazing to me how most people here can bolt on a supercharger, but when it comes to detailing their car, they are clueless (me included). you guys really help us out. and all those pictures of the detailed cars are beautiful. hopefully i can add some pics in here after im done, even though its just a chevy. but as long as it looks good, im thinking you guys wont mind

trance_in_miami

Established Member
if your a rookie thats not a problem with the PC :banana: But i would buy the Pads from Scott P. Or you can try Autogeek they have Qualtiy lak Country pads.

Clay get any type.I would recommend the Clay magic @ autozone but if you want something stronger you can try the Pinnacle or Optimum clay. ( same difference for me )

Light cutting pad ( orange) to remove swirls, oxidation & can be used with optimum,ssr 2, 2.5 or other of choice.

Polishing pad. ( white) Normally i use it after my rotary to reduce holgrams but youll be ok with it after the cutting pad to polish the surface. I love using either Optimum to polish or Vm to add more of a wet look. depends on how well i removed the swirls in the begining. prep is key :coolman:

(Finishing pad ) you can use it to add waxes like Clearkote CMW which is liquid. or other liquid waxes. I have not tried the Natty's paste on the finishing pad. I heard some people say it works good.

Autogeek.net
foamkit7424pc.jpg

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/son-sfxpad-kit.html

autopia_1878_4233903

http://www.tropi-care.com/
l_TCPC-10.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread