Porting Boss intake walkthrough

okc12silvergt

Established Member
So im gonna try porting my boss getting a different intake setup and going with a Accufab 85mm TB. Where is the walkthrough on how to port the boss intake on here? I did a search and could not find it. also whats the beat intake to run? I currently have a JLT plastic intake. I read the JLT is more restrictive than most intakes.

Voltwings

Established Member
I'll sell you my air raid intake for $200, regarded by this site to be the largest and most eel flowing intake.

As far as the "porting guide," first lets clarify what you're actually looking to do. Are you looking to smooth out the imperfections, or are you actually looking to remove a bit of material and "improve flow?" One can be done in your garage with basic knowledge and tools, the other requires a bit more experience and know how of how you're impacting the dynamics of the intake.

4VFTW

Established Member
next week I will be pulling my Ported Boss off and getting just plain stupid with it and my porting tools. I will take lots of pictures. I dont really want to spend the money upgrading to the CJ until I know for sure there is nothing left in the Boss. once i'm done I will head back to the track to see the results

02reaper

Established Member
next week I will be pulling my Ported Boss off and getting just plain stupid with it and my porting tools. I will take lots of pictures. I dont really want to spend the money upgrading to the CJ until I know for sure there is nothing left in the Boss. once i'm done I will head back to the track to see the results

That is awesome!

Voltwings

Established Member
Keep in mind that hogging it out too much is going to lose even more torque down low than it already does. How much is hard to quantifiably say, but due to the physics of it, it will.

Voltwings

Established Member
I know he does a great job, but i have no first hand experience with him so i can't comment on the matter

4VFTW

Established Member
Keep in mind that hogging it out too much is going to lose even more torque down low than it already does. How much is hard to quantifiably say, but due to the physics of it, it will.
Hogging it out is not really an option as the plastic is just too thin. You need to use finesse and smooth and blend more than enlarge when working on these intakes.

Voltwings

Established Member
Hogging it out is not really an option as the plastic is just too thin. You need to use finesse and smooth and blend more than enlarge when working on these intakes.

I'm no porting expert, but that was more or less my point, thank you for wording it a bit more elegantly haha. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread