porting? hamilton clark intake

poisonpony96

Established Member
Ok picking up a HCI today, looked at it yesturday. It has a gasket match port job a little sloppy if you ask me it was ported half way up. Then it has been hot jet coated in the runners and out side. so my question is should I smooth the runners all the way up and smooth horns, horns wern't coated. so is hot jet coating ok on the runner or should i have then resanded in side with no coat.

poisonpony96

Established Member
why. I'm going turbo.this should be great for a boosted application. plus got it for 750 and i broke my other intake.

poisonpony96

Established Member
should i have the divider grinded to knife edge? thats what they do with the ssr correct?
DSC00076.JPG

DSC00075.JPG

don't even car abou the power this just looks bad ass with those black vavle covers
DSC00072.JPG

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
It's not how much air you can flow, but the density and speed the air can flow. Sometime you can over port things.

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
Midnight_Cobra said:
It's not how much air you can flow, but the density and speed the air can flow. Sometime you can over port things.

I've always wondered if you could remove the divider. I guess you could, but would it slow down the air too much by making it over ported?

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
Leave the divider round. Airspeed in those ports will be slow until about 5500+ where it starts to make power. For that intake to be benefical you have to be in the 7000-8500 range. Hope your vavletrain is build for it. -Mark

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
98 N/A 4V said:
Leave the divider round. Airspeed in those ports will be slow until about 5500+ where it starts to make power. For that intake to be benefical you have to be in the 7000-8500 range. Hope your vavletrain is build for it. -Mark

Yes, do not knife edge the divider. Fluids (including air) flow around a rounded surface much easier than a knife edge. Think of an airplane wing, rounded leading edge and sharp trailing edge.

poisonpony96 said:
why. I'm going turbo.this should be great for a boosted application. plus got it for 750 and i broke my other intake.
You are better off with a stock runner length intake unless you plan on spinning it very high. Your "before boost" power is going to be sad.

Last edited:

poisonpony96

Established Member
well the heads have been good through with the comp cam behive springs just cromoly retainers and manley vavles 1 mm bigger. was going to wait till i got the turbo to get the cams I'll get them for high rpm. have the manley h beams with arp 2000 studs and arp every where esle. and 4.30s for now. i'll be building the turbo setup soon. thanks for the replies I'm going to spin this thing like it was a vtec .

Users who are viewing this thread