Portland, Oregon - Hotspots? Things To Do?

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Any great places to eat, drink, and otherwise fish, or do outdoor activities? Done some searches myself, but wanted to poll the audience to see what kind of recommendations there were.

Thanks in advance!!

D

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Beacon Rock is pretty cool, as is the rest of the gorge. Any of the mountains. Go west and drive the PCH, some scenic stops just south of Astoria.

Lots of local beers. There is a little coffee shop in Tigard that had amazing Cronuts, Well & Good coffee shop.

I was just there in June for work, didnt have enough weekend time to see everything.

Branhammer

Established Member
Deschutes brew pub is awesome for food and craft beer. Also, if you're into craft beer you need to go to Rogue brewery as well. Depending on how long you are there, drive west for about an hour and a half and you can hit up Canon Beach, which is one of the coolest little self-sustained towns I've ever been to. Not one Walmart or McDonald's to be found. Every business is locally owned. Also, there's a pretty great winery between Portland and the coast called David Hill Winery. Best wine I've had so far and I've been to Napa/Sonoma Valley.

2013GT'ed

Established Member
Look up Voodoo Donuts, then buy and consume mass quantities of the Maple Bacon donut. Also, lots of local beer places to visit. Lots of historical scenic spots as well. Just go west instead of east right now, that shit is on fire k? Oh, and be prepared to rage at people on their bikes...lol

Branhammer

Established Member
If you go to Voodoo, they only take cash. Homeless bums know this and stand outside Voodoo ALL.DAY.LONG to beg for money. Be ready for that...

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Appreciate the heads up guys! Does anyone have any decent recs on fishing guides, or locations in the area?

Users who are viewing this thread