Posi port/ported eaton/stage 3 cam/5.0 stroker dyno

fallingup693

granny shiftin' noob
Established Member
Currently building up a 5.0 stroker (stock compression). Major mods: a Posi race ported eaton, heavily ported heads, custom stage 3 comp cams from MMR, LT/full exhaust, intake/Accufab TB/plenum running 14 psi.

Looking for people that have or have had similar mods to bounce some dyno numbers off of in my quest to find out how far I can push this eaton without N20/E85/race gas etc....

Did a search online and through the forums and didn't really find anyone with similar mods.

Last edited:

masterjr33

Established Member
eatons on there own start to struggle over the 500HP mark. just physically unable to move much air beyond that.
the porting of the heads. and cams. and larger displacment will show you lower boost than a 4.6 with stock induction.
you should see about 550 with a sharp fall off over peak. maybee making 12-14 PSI also falling off sharply.

I would suggest at least stepping up to a used M122 GT500 unit. or larger to support the block and induction you are throwing at this car.

Its like putting a really small turbo on top of a 347 stroker with victor heads and big cams. the limiting factor in your induction will be the small blower.

on my last 3000GT VR4 Twin turbo. I had full exhaust. ported intake and headers. the heads flowed awesomly. huge fuel system.
I was still sporting stock very small turbos, 9b class., couldnt get much over the 320AWHP mark with them wide open.
they would spike to 19 PSI in the lower range. hold about 15PSI through out. and fall to 11-12PSI on the top end.

the same set up with just swapping over to a larger pair of 19T turbos imediatly put me at 440 AWHP.

I fear this larger stroker. with cams and ported heads will be crippled with a stock M112 on top.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
What this guy above says. You have quite a bit of money there in a stroker setup, cams, and full exhaust with LTs. You're going to flow more air than that Eaton will keep up with. Get a twin screw and don't look back.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Yeah like said above eaton is going to hurt your numbers, they can barely keep up with a completely stock motor. But i could see coming up on 530-540rwhp. You gonna need to spin that blower pretty hard.

fallingup693

granny shiftin' noob
Established Member
Dang, I wasn't expecting massive gains with the eaton but I was DEFINITELY not expecting it to literally hurt my gains over a stock long block. So what you are saying is if I had a stock long block it would put out the same(or better) amount of power as my fully ported/stroked/cammed setup? Dang. Well atleast it will sound nasty :)

Mystic03

Established Member
Not to be mean but why do people put that much money in the motor but plan to make good power with an eaton?? Ts or turbo it!

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Dang, I wasn't expecting massive gains with the eaton but I was DEFINITELY not expecting it to literally hurt my gains over a stock long block. So what you are saying is if I had a stock long block it would put out the same(or better) amount of power as my fully ported/stroked/cammed setup? Dang. Well atleast it will sound nasty :)

You'll have gains over a stock block and cams etc. but so minimal (less than 100 whp I'd guess). You have however built an awesome platform that will shine leaps and bounds on a twin screw.

Last edited:

masterjr33

Established Member
no exactly that.

Boost forces air into the motor beyond what i could inject on its own.

masterjr33

Established Member
your "boost" will be low because the eaton cant pressurize that much intake tract.

basically its the difference between a garden hose spraying at max pressure.
and a 5 inch pipe moving water calmly.
they might both move the same ammount. but the pressure will be lower on the pipe.
and the eaton wont move enough air to "pressurize" that large of a engine/cam/intake tract.

fallingup693

granny shiftin' noob
Established Member
Not to be mean but why do people put that much money in the motor but plan to make good power with an eaton?? Ts or turbo it!

When you get to the point where you need to rebuild your engine are you going to rebuild a stock long block and make it into.....well....A stock long block? Or try to build your dream engine? I'm building my car from the ground up not the top down :). To me, having the eaton as the weak point in my build is an ideal situation which is easily remedied.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
It'll make power.. The more power you make N/A the more power you'll make boosted.. The pressure will be low.. but I'll bet you make 560ish

stangfreak

Established Member
That blower will just throw your build off. Your making your setup more efficient with a inefficient blower.

The eaton works, but just look at when you pulley them. 99 % of the time your tq is higher than the hp. That's the first sign that your over spinning the blower.

If I was doing your build, keeping it on 93 and no e85 nothing fancy, I would buy a 2.3 tvs.

fallingup693

granny shiftin' noob
Established Member
It'll make power.. The more power you make N/A the more power you'll make boosted.. The pressure will be low.. but I'll bet you make 560ish

When the rotating assembly and heads were spun on an engine dyno my setup made just over 500hp N/A. I'm hoping to be at the 600rwhp mark with the eaton slapped on. I guess time will tell how much of a restriction the blower really is.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
When the rotating assembly and heads were spun on an engine dyno my setup made just over 500hp N/A. I'm hoping to be at the 600rwhp mark with the eaton slapped on. I guess time will tell how much of a restriction the blower really is.

What CR are you running?

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
No offense personally...... But what's the point? If it comes down to short of funds, I'd just wait till I had them. No point in paying for another tune. The eaton will make all that hard earned money spent..... Feel wasted!
Big build needs big power adder!

fallingup693

granny shiftin' noob
Established Member
No offense personally...... But what's the point? If it comes down to short of funds, I'd just wait till I had them. No point in paying for another tune. The eaton will make all that hard earned money spent..... Feel wasted!
Big build needs big power adder!

I just want to find my pot of gold at the end of the Eaton rainbow before I jump ship. That's all.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
My buddy did a 5.0 stroker setup big heads etc etc.. Made 560rwhp on pump 91.. There is nothing wrong with doing it the way that you are. People saying paying for another tune is stupid is retarded.. Most tuners will return for half the cost.. And honestly what you're going to keep your car down for another 4 months while you save for a TVS.. **** that.. Get it running enjoy it.. Like I said it'll be just fine.. Don't expect to make 600rwhp like someone else said, but it'll make good power, and more than a none stroker/ported head etc setup lol..

Users who are viewing this thread