Posi Terminator VS. 2011 2.8 KB 5.0. Dig and 40 roll. GoPro. BROKEN INPUT SHAFT !

yzingerslinger

Established Member
Alright well day 2 of having a GoPro and I already broke something.

10433111_10202412415578829_7851624788661768097_n.jpg
244274_10150210017314441_1925115_o.jpg

After the GT-R guy refused to race me I decided to go find something in town that would, I head over to a buddies house for some steaks and a game of poker. I lost the poker game and decided to play a game i can win, so i asked my buddy to line up his car with mine, he obliged.

2011 5.0 Stock long block, 2.8 KB, stock manifolds, Fuel system, E85. 643 HP 530 TQ

the 40 roll was a great race.

the dig race was a little messed up, one of the guys not racing said he would honk it off and he did but he did it late, we lined up and I honk the first time and then he honked then i honked then he took off, I was confused and was still very high in the RPMs I saw that he had launched and i just let her go... about a 5K dump on Nitto NT555x spelled disaster.

As soon as i had shifted into 2nd it just went bang.

I assuming i had either blown the clutch or snapped the stock 10 spline. I never smelt clutch and the car will go into gear it just wont turn the rears. No noise no grinding nothing. its like it blew a fuse lol hopefully nothing to serious.

Going to pull it out, drop in a 26 and a new clutch disk the Spec 3+ was about to let go anyways.

[video=youtube;_239GnV7Q3E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_239GnV7Q3E&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Thanks for watching and hopefully more good racing vids coming soon !

yzingerslinger

Established Member
Nice 40 roll, looks like your higher trq number was paying off. Time for a new DS!
Thanks bud. Yeah I think the two cars are equally matched. His car rips it. I had it in 5th for a few seconds then let out, I've heard that 5th is hell on the bearings. Usually 2nd-4th is my play zone if I can't beat them then I just let out.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
high compression, e85, and ported blower...that thing probably hits harder than Mike Tyson

yzingerslinger

Established Member
your car is sick . ill definitely be upping the compression on my car this winter. nice race op
Thanks bud. The compression definitely let her eat like an animal. I'm piecing together the fuel system and have the NX kit ready to rock. Wanted to hit her with a 100 and let it zoom. Those MMRs have held up to some abuse. Highly recommend these MMR red coated custom pistons.

yzingerslinger

Established Member
The torque advantage plus it seems your car has some weight reduction. Do you have an aluminum block?
Stock cast iron terminator block. no weight reduction for me. His car has cloth seats base GT. His car us no slouch. My buddy raved him in his vortech Mach and he also beat him. That Mach made over 700

layzie

Established Member
yzingerslinger - Love the videos, keep em coming! Can you give a little input on what compression I should go with for my street build?

I just bought those new cnc ported 9 thread 4v roush heads and am going to put them into my teksid block to which MMR is going to build into a 900 shortblock. I will use my posi ported eaton on e-85 and a 100 shot of nitrous!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread