possible boost leak?

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
Hey guys so Im not sure if I have an issue or not but here it goes. I have noticed that my dash gauge is buried with my current boost, but I can watch it go from 17 lbs down to about 12-13. I have an egr delete which has taken care of the boost drop off issue. Or should have. So now I am wondering if I have a boost leak issue. Its about the only thing I can think of. Pretty sure I dont have belt slip. But for the hell of it how can I check that as well? And does anyone know how to do a boost leak test?

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
My tuner says it's most likely belt slip. I have a 2.8 with a 4lb. I also have the full billet flow idler kit. How can I check for belt slip

bigmoose

Established Member
Its normal. Your ported Eaton is out of steam. That combo is aggressive. My two previous cobras did the same with same combo and ported blower.

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
That is strange it really doesn't happen until about 5k and up. I figured with the bleed off issue fixed it wouldn't have that problem.

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
So here is question for you. If I were to drop to a 2.93 instead of a 2.8 would that make any difference in maxing out the Eaton?

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Probably not just lose a little down off peak psi. Just trying to restate what's above its not like it's a heat thing or spinning too fast and getting cavitation. I just think it's simply the Eaton can't pump enough air into the intake to keep more that 14 psi or so when the 4V gets up in the higher RPM. The engine is pulling the air out of the intake faster that the blower can replace it to keep the pressure at that point.

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
Stock ported tb/plenum. I did 492/525 on my dyno pull on 93. My tuner said they make right between 480-500 on his dyno. I just wanted to make sure I didnt have a different issue keeping me back. Would I gain alot from a dragon?

Users who are viewing this thread