Possible Clock Spring Issue

RangerDLA

Established Member
I've had to replace the steering wheel's four way directional pad with "ok" button in the middle several times since I've had my car. After reading up on the clock spring, I think this may be the issue. I've replaced that set of buttons three times with new ones and they always go out over time, but if I hit my steering wheel hard, it usually begins to work. Had anyone ever had this issue? If so, what was the fix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RangerDLA

Established Member
Okay, so I replaced the clock spring. It was tedious, but I'm cautiously optimistic that it's fixed. The process is straight forward, but still tedious. If anyone has any questions, let me know.

beau t

Established Member
not the same BUt--- 04 dodge 2500 l
had an airbag light for a couple months then lost radio controls -still not a game changer- after another month the cruise control started cutting off so i replaced the clock spring now all functions work fine. I'm going on 3 months now, i also tore the old clock spring apart and found the ribbon cable had folded up and broke the wires. if you haven't thrown the old 1 away see if you can take it apart and diagnose what happen! i was building a truck and grabbed 1 from another truck i imagine the wheel wasn't straight and i also spun it a couple times not thinking so in my case i paid for not paying attention to what i was doing lol.

RangerDLA

Established Member
Thanks, but I already threw it away. I've been trying to fix that button problem for two years and to find out it was that made me not want to every look at it again. Hopefully my frustration will help someone else in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread