Possible Flat Plane Crank s550 in testing

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
Wow those ferrari's really sound like shit. However they look fantastic and are some of the best cars ever. Hopefully the mustang doesn't sound like that. If it does I won't be buying one EVER. I'll just opt for the ferrari instead, and keep on building better looking classic mustangs with better sounding equal/better performing V8's.

However I believe this is a V6 mustang in the OP. Does not sound threatening/impressive at all.

Last edited:

mavisky

Established Member
Wow those ferrari's really sound like shit. However they look fantastic and are some of the best cars ever. Hopefully the mustang doesn't sound like that. If it does I won't be buying one EVER. I'll just opt for the ferrari instead, and keep on building better looking classic mustangs with better sounding equal/better performing V8's.

However I believe this is a V6 mustang in the OP. Does not sound threatening/impressive at all.

That was a horrible example of how that car sounds. The flat plane 5 valve per cylinder F355 has one of the best exhaust notes ever to grace the planet, especially with a little help from an aftermarket exhaust screaming up to 8000 rpm.

[video=youtube;Sg-5k_O6qlg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg-5k_O6qlg[/video]

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
That was a horrible example of how that car sounds. The flat plane 5 valve per cylinder F355 has one of the best exhaust notes ever to grace the planet, especially with a little help from an aftermarket exhaust screaming up to 8000 rpm.

[video=youtube;Sg-5k_O6qlg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg-5k_O6qlg[/video]

Honestly it sounds like a crotch rocket. Sounds horrible, but I'm sure it performs alright, though nothing to write home about.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Probably a gated manual, don't think those were too easy to shift quickly.

mavisky

Established Member
Gated manual for sure. Mr. Bolt On, I'm guessing you're not a fan of the way Formula 1 cars or anything outside of a Nascar, monster truck, or Top Fuel car sounds?

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
I heard a guy rip through a newer Ferrari earlier this year. Trust me, it's one of the best sounds you will hear coming from a car.

Bob Cosby

Established Member
Don't be hatin' on the trailer hitch now....

cartrlr4-1.jpg

dmichaels

Established Member
I heard a guy rip through a newer Ferrari earlier this year. Trust me, it's one of the best sounds you will hear coming from a car.

+1 they sound fantastic.

I also love the sound of the current 5.0's, as it fits the car, but the Ferrari V8 scream is like nothing else

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Have you guys heard a pagani zonda r, pretty mean, i like it better then a ferrari! Not to mention an agera r!

Users who are viewing this thread